Electric/Hybrid Off-Road buggy

Hi All,

Starting to build a off road buggy with a twist and would like your opinion on it. Going to have a diesel powered rear LS differential and then have an electric motor powering the front axle (Not working at the same time). The electric motor will give me forward and reverse at low speeds up to 20/25 mph for moving around the house or loading/unloading. Because of this front axle driving, I am hoping to fit a electric power steering. Does anyone thing there is a market interest for such a vehicle if I was to make a few and sell them? If not what features do you think I could include to make it more appealing or sellable?

Thanks for your help!

Your opinions and thoughts will be appreciated

Why the electric motor? DANA H12 transmissions are available with forward and reverse and you would avoid the weight of batteries extra gearbox etc.

Thanks for your response :slight_smile: I will look into it!

It gives the the optional extra of essentially 4wd as well

Some how I don’t envision a 4 wheeler carrying 400#s of batteries and a diesel auxilary as something I’d want to get stuck.

Its only a small diesel/petrol engine - the whole thing will only weight about 400kg

There are “big block” gas buggys using “Briggs” engines that seem to work very well. I have never seen a diesel though. Sounds possible.

A diesel 4 Wheeler Hmmmm.

Does anyone know how I could post a survey about EVs and the EV market. I am attempting to gather data for a honors project I am doing. My goal is to gather data and share it to individuals who do not drive EVs in an attempt to sway their thinking. Ultimately I would like everyone to drive EVs and for the world to become more healthy.

Do you think anyone would be willing to take a short 5 min survey like this?