Gen 3 battery modules

Sure on going public. Thanks for the info on everything. Maybe I will just stay with the Lead Acid for now. I have another question about the Leaf Batteries. Lets say I put a new set of lead acid in my cart then find some Gen4 leaf cells but have another 3 years on the lead acid. What happens to the Leaf cells while they sit on the shelf for 3 years? What is the capacity loss? I am guessing they would loose a lot of capacity.

I did a quick read on the LTO battery. Looks interesting if I understand what I was reading. For my golf cart, 48v system with lead acid do you think the LTO would be a good replacement?

For the unit you have:

1. Will it work in my golf cart?

2. How far (miles) would it go in my cart?

3. How many cycles do you estimate it has left?

4. What would be required to make it work in my cart?

If all the above questions have positive answers

1. What would you want for it and what do you estimate the shipping cost would be?

2. Or, if the shipping costs are too high, would it be better to buy the components and put one together here?

If you want you can call me at 630-863-**** Name is Bobby. (please do not publish the number)

Thanks

···

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 3:16 PM Inwo via Electric Forum electricforum@discoursemail.com wrote:

Inwo

February 22

Lots of good information here. Can I make it public?

You can edit posts if you want.

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to grantwest, Inwo, kinghappy, Villageway.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Info, is this the battery that you have? If this would work in my golf cart it looks like it can be dropped in, connected an it would be done. Bus required??

Cells are fine one the shelf for years.
Makes little sense to store them. New/better things come up all the time.
Lto isn’t the best choice in small ev’s most cases. Wide voltage swing from 1.5v to 2.75v may be an issue.
On the plus side is long life, safety, abuse-ability, wide temp. range, high current output, and fast charging.

Wow, that’s a great price. Let me look at the specs.
May be a catch.

Thanks, let me know what you think and if this would work in my golf cart as a drop in. Also, is there any advantages of going with 80AH or 100AH in this type of system. The higher the AH the more money. For a golf cart application, if the LTO would work, WHAT AH makes sense.

You are so helpful

Thanks

The only downside are 1. Chinese specs. They are known to be less than honest.
2. 300a pulse is not enough. IMO
3. Other lto issues. 20s is 46v nominal Range from 30v to 54v.
You car may go into lvc while 25% capacity is left. I don’t know how low your car can go.

My 60ah pack has a few months use on it. $750

Wait a minute…14kg=<30lb…
I can’t lift mine on the scale, but I think it’s >100lb.:thinking::hushed:

If you had a golf cart, would you put the unit you have in it? Or would you go with the standard drop in LifePo4 type?

Does your unit come with a BMS and Charger? Drop in ready?

If there unit is around 30lbs and your unit is ovr 100lbs How can that be?

Also, can you help me understand AH relative to the golf cart lithium battery? 60, 80, 100? what is needed? advantages of more AH?

Exactly, what’s up with that.
Also the 100mOhm IR is bad. Altarnano states <8mOhm huge difference.
You just never know if it’s bad editing or dishonesty with things from China.
IR refers to, in general, the amount of amps it can deliver with minimal voltage drop.
Altarnano can deliver 900a pulse discharge.
AH is the amount of amps a battery can supply for 1 hour.
60amps for 1 hour.
A lithium battery works 2-1 better, as it can be fully cycled. 60ah lith = 120ah lead. My rule of thumb.
Some of the advantage being weight.
120a for 30 minutes, etc. A little more to it, but gives you the idea.
60a x 20 cells x 2.3v = 2.76kwh

If it was me, and it is. I run what I have. :grinning:
I’ve used LTO, Bolt, Volt, and two types of LiFePo4.
LiFePo4 has many advantages. Long life, safety, temp. range, lighter than LTO, serviceable (change out a cell), easily configured in series parallel to every 3.2v step, and flat discharge curve. Always the same voltage, so it always runs like a freshly charged pack.

lol on running what you have. Sounds like you have lots of different battery types. Based on your numbers in the previous email it looks like I would want at least a 80ah battery if I went with this company. If my math is correct 80x20sx2.3v = 3.68kwh??
I do not know if 2.76kwh is enough, although you said it would go 50 miles. Way more than I would need.

They have a 80ah unit for $1780, charger included and free shipping. Like you said–chinese. Somethings good-sometimes bad. (actually my wife is on a tour in China as we speak)

Honestly, I am very confused as to what I should do. Usually, I make decisions quickly and accept/deal with the good/bad later. This is a little different ball game. I know what the game is with the lead acid. Getting into this lithium stuff, there are so many options and unknowns for me.

The 50 miles is a guess using 6kwh and going twice as far as a 25mph Gem.
My 6kwh 32 cell battery seems a safer bet at $1600.
But I don’t see why you would change from lead that goes 5 years.
Now if you want a new hobby, and want to learn about batteries, that’s another story.
I can sell you a set of 16-18s. Try them, add another set to double capacity if needed.
Send them back if you want. $100 shipping each way.
It will help me, as I have always recommended 120ah. Maybe 60ah will work for you. For $200 we can find out. :slight_smile:

let me digest all of this for a while. I think I might be more interested in your LTO if I can get around the golf course at least once and back home. Also, if my charger will work with it or if it comes with a charger. BMS needed or built in?

I’ll figure out the bms and charger.
Same deal, you would need to pay shipping both ways.
I’m not excited about boxing it up for UPS. May even be too heavy.

Size is 12x12x12 plus terminals and lifting rings on top.

What kind of charger do you have?

Standard 2004 Club Car Charger Says Power Drive on it. I am OK with $100 shipping but might be cheaper to ship it standard freight unless UPS is just more convenient Zip is 92587

Hello, I have acquired 24 Leaf Gen3 lithium batteries. Plan on build one or more 48v conversion packs. What would be the MAX voltage discharge recommended for these 48v battery packs to ensure they are never damaged? I think I will use a Chargery BMS and Charger. Any info would be greatly appreciated.