2018/19 Nissan Leaf Modules! Tested between 55-60AH Never Used Before!

Hello there, my name is CJ and I joined this particular forum on account of the following. My Brother & I co-own a business in Tennessee and to make a long story short, We are trying to find serious buyers that will be able to use the 2018/2019 ??generation2 possibly 3?? Nissan Leaf Battery Modules. Admittedly my knowledge is limited when it comes to EVs. From what I was told when I acquired the modules, is that they are brand new and the only reason they weren’t used in the manufacturing process is because they are not testing at the rated capacity. Even still, we had 50 modules tested and everyone showed between 55-60AH. Which I was told is about 10% below rated capacity. If anyone is interested, we can deliver them pretty much anywhere in the US, except for the West Coast. If they are picked up in Tennessee, we can give you a much better deal.

Currently we are charging $75 per Module Delivered. If picked up in Tennessee the price is $55 per Module. If you want them shipped anywhere in the US, they are going to also be $55 per unit plus S&H. If you have any questions just let me know through this forum and we can discuss details and the results of the testing we had done. I am pretty much absolutely positive that you will be satisfied, and because I don’t expect to get rich from these units, no reasonable offer will be refused. At least not outright! Lol
Thanks So Much For Your Time And I Look Forward To Hearing From You! Also if you have any recommendations on other places to sell these, we are all ears!

Buyers on here like a good deal. They will need more information though, as these do not look like late model leaf cells.
I believe the gen4 cells are well over 100ah and of a chemistry that is much improved.
$55 may be a great price depending on what they are.

Thanks for the feedback, I will change the listing because I was under the impression that they’re the same ones used in the 2018&2019 Models, but I sometimes forget that 2018 is two years ago. Or a lifetime when it comes to tech and electronics. I have the results from the testing written down though so I should be prepared for the questions. I definitely appreciate the message though and I’ll change the title asap!

I believe that the 2018 are gen4.
I don’t know what you have. (Not gen4) Are there any numbers on them? KWh or such.
If they are older modules it makes less sense, because they are very near specs. I’m not the leaf expert though.

@LithiumGods

I want to say that they’re either 62 or maybe 64kwh. I’ll post the numbers tomorrow when I get to my desk, and that way I am not trying to remember the different numbers. Honestly it is way more numbers and calculations than I am used to dealing with buying properties, but I must say, that I am beginning to really appreciate EVs and what they offer.

These are the gen 2 cells . Came in the 2013-2016 Leafs . 64ah capacity when new . Every used one I tested were in the 50’s ah . So your test results are inline . These cells don’t like heat and should be charged to about 4.05 volts max . Your price of $55 is good . I really applaud you for having them tested . Some people try and sale them as 64ah but they are not once used or stored for years .

I will ask around and see if anyone is interested .

2 Likes

After speaking with my brother, and because we’re out of our element entirely when it comes to the Modules. We have decided that we are going to hold on to the majority of the cells until a bulk buyer can be located. Neither of us really have time for ebay and similar platforms. As such we have decided to sell the 50 modules that were tested, to the first person that picks them up, for $40 each. We’re hoping someone with more time and knowledge will be able to appreciate the modules and turn themselves a fair amount of profit. So with that being said, if you’re aware of anyone who would be interested in the lot, just let me know and I’ll arrange it. As of now, my brother has them sitting in the floor of his house because we wanted to keep the tested ones separate from the rest of the units. Anyways my friend, I thank you very much and I will update as and if they begin to sell at that price. Even if it’s a situation where the buyer is unable to pick them up until a later date, I would be willing to have them moved to my own climate controlled storage unit until pickup can be sorted. That would make my brother happy to have the floor back, I will be able to support my wife and our 20yr old daughter, and the buyer will have a ready made profitable business whenever we set up a pickup day. I will keep you posted on the amount, but as of this minute there are 50 modules.

I take that immediately back! There are now 40 Modules. Apparently $40 is a steal and he sold 10 units within 5minutes of listing them!

Do you have any hardware that goes with?