GEM tires for beach or off road

Purchased a used GEM es last year in hopes of using it on beach and off road. I replaced front tires with cleat type larger diameter tires. Got stuck soon after entering soft sand. Lowered air preasure tryed again, no luck again. Asking if anyone has similar experience or suggestion on successfully driving on the beach.
Thanks Littlerock

GEM’s are not a beach vehicle. Front wheel drives only dig holes. Suggest a Yamaha Gasser with flotation tires.

I have made a few GEMs 4X4 by adding an EZGO rear differential , they use the same 19 spline shaft and motor bolt pattern as the GEMs .

1 Like

Interesting, how did you power it?
The two motors, I mean.

I have asked about lockers before with no luck. Adding a rear diff sounds interesting but a simple locker would solve the problem. Anyone in here ever tried this.

I powered it with another GE controller mounted next to the original after moving the charger .
There are about 6 wires to splice in to the harness for them both to work from the same throttle imput and at first I was going wire it selectable for front rear or all wheel drive but after testing it with both motors it worked perfect with the the two motors splitting the load .