GEM purchase decision

Yes, it is.
Not hot to sell it’s a great smooth driving truck. I use it for a mobile work bench and wrecker. Hauling my other cars around. Lots of fun in the summer and I have a Ranger with doors for winter.

Find anything yet. There is a listing for a hot rod 2018 e4.
Not been anti-scam-i-fied yet.
Orange co.

Part of me really wants to take a stripped one like that, shove a 30+ hp pmac in it, the 6:1 gears and use it make donuts.

I’d call it my Emmy Bake Oven.

The other part of me accepts i have no free time anymore these days

1 Like

I didn’t see it. Craigslist? I’m in Orange County.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/long-beach-2018-polaris-gem-e4-35mph/7593102838.html

I think that’s the guy that always has late model ones with a strange story. I went and saw one, but they only go 35 down hill with a tail wind. I’ll call him in the morning.

Buyer beware. Gabe is calling shenanigans on this one.

Look by the wheel well. Motor and controller if you can.
Chances are it’s just a gear swap. See if it’s noisy.

this guys ad is full of St. Sooo many bs statements. It wont go that far, wont charge that fast, Doesn’t have a special motor, etc. Doesn’t mean its not nice but he is full of St.

2 Likes

Asked a picture under the hood he replied there is no hood

Asked to clarify the 45 min charging time he said it’s a typo

Asked why pics have photoshopped the :warning: on the dash and removed the word Fault next to EPAS and he disappeared

3 Likes

Guys this guy is a fraud, he has changed his ad so many times with misleading information. I rented a trailer and drove down to see it to buy it with my wife. He claimed power mirrors and other nonsense, the thing has gears for sure even though he said it was stock it sounded like the trans was going to blow up. Didn’t even bother to clean all the sand and dirt. Needless to say I told the guy if you are going to waste people’s time at least make sure you have the correct information on your ad. I would not trust this seller.

1 Like

I feel your pain. It sucks taking the time to go look at a Car the seller either “accidentally” or on purpose leaves out damage. I had my own version of this.:
A guy who said “he was a preacher” was selling a classic 2008 with doors. He was pretty beat up. The price was not bad but the car need lots of work. He conveniently took pictures of only the driver side, and when I drove over an hour to go look at it with my trailer and potentially buy it, I discovered the whole front end was involved in an accident. They passenger side A arm was bent. The frame was cracked, plastic destroyed conveniently all of this damage was left out of the pictures that he posted when he listed it.

Ok even with all this Damage I was still willing to buy the car (at a discount for all the damage ) but this guy was so dishonest he kept on saying the stupidest things. Like 0” the damage is no big deal it can be fixed for nothing. That’s when I start getting really frustrated. People with zero knowledge of how to fix anything (like this seller) telling me what it takes to repair the car. Example he said “you can have this whole thing painted and looking cherry for $500” I was like F you, you’re an ■■■■■ you wasted my time, I drove to a shitty part of town with cash, never again.I’m smarter now, and I’m glad people are more willing to take electronic forms of payment now, so your no longer going to a strange part of town with a pocket full of 100’s hoping to score a deal. If someone will not answer the phone then that’s your first clue