GEM is no Longer Polaris

GEM is now owned by Waey

In a management buyout from Polaris that closed December 31, the newly established Waev, Inc. will take over the manufacturing and operations of both the GEM neighborhood EV and Taylor-Dunn commercial vehicles, officially moving both brands’ headquarters to Anaheim, California. What does this mean for the two EV brands?

Similiar questions. How will this spin off affect part prices and availabilities? Will they be introducing new models? Improve performance? Lower price? Last year they introduced many more colors and new rims. I work in Anaheim and drive by the plant occasionally. Always wonder what happens to return parts. Usually parts that I order don’t come from Anaheim. Part prices are outrageous.

This is a travesty. It’s a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of two mockeries of a sham.

I have not found that current model GEM parts have been that crazy expensive, not cheap but not crazy. Classic parts are now either not available or crazy expensive. This transition of GEM away from Polaris is not going to help that situation at all in my opinion.

I have had 5 Gems since 2010. Always enjoyed their ride, far superior to a golf cart, safer than a golf cart, faster than a golf cart, etc. BUT the parts and dealer support has been their Achilles Heal, without service and parts for older models the new company will not make it. If they continue to increase parts prices and limit service options for older model GEMs I will move on to another brand. , I would like to continue to use them at home and work but if they ignore past customers bye bye.