GEM cars are now at Polaris dealerships

Since Polaris is now the owner of GEM, I was wondering when they would be available at the local snowmobile and ATV dealership. They aren’t at every Polaris dealer, but they have two places that sell them here in Maine for example. This is a good thing, because it means you can get parts and service nearby now. I just talked to a couple of dealers around here and they have them on the lot for sale now. Everybody always asks about them, so now we can send them somewhere to find one.

in Denver we have one dealer who have added the GEMs to their list of items they are selling… they have 4 cars on their lot… the sales and service guys are great… I’m still using my garage to get mine fixed and my parts still are coming from Lee at Beck Chrysler in Fla… I do tell people asking me about my car where they can get one… the Polaris store and two Dodge dealers do have them… the Polaris guy is cloest to me

Bob

My local Polaris dealers do not sell Gem Cars. The same local Chrysler dealer that sold them for years still sells them. I wonder what type of arrangement Polaris made to continue selling Gems at Chrysler? I thought Chrysler dropped Gem to create their own vehicle.

Our Chrysler Dealer in Marion, Ohio says they will continue selling them. They are one of the largest GEM dealerships in Ohio. They sell mostly to schools ,police, and colleges…

I think it will be a business decision that will be made by Polaris and Chrysler dealers alike… in the case of Chrysler dealers… what is the history of sales… is it worth keeping the brand… an inventory… paying for floor space and taxes… probably paying for the right to sell the GEMS… what kind of support will come from GEM/POLARIS… all these questions need to be looked at very hard… are people going to buy a car that is only for the local streets… they need to employ and school mechanics and sales… just because it’s a Polaris doesn’t mean that yours will have cars… I guarantee that…

I do look for some neat things to come out of Polaris and GEM… I’ve heard that in 2013 we’ll see a more beefed up suspension ala Polaris… know my local dealer has a new catalog that he just does a flash with and it goes back under lock and key…

I’m giving out the 2012 books… whenever I’m talking to someone about my car… was too funny yesterday afternoon… I was at a Wendy’s chatting about my car when a guy at the table points outside saying: ‘what is that car?’ I looked and it was an e4 that is owned by a friend… it’s an '00 or '01 painted ‘Porsche Red’ with red and ivory upholstery and an ivory colored dash plus the Porsche logo on the front and back… really cool looking and she drives it like she stole it… in this case she was on a 40mph road… granted for only about a quarter mile… way further than I’ll drive on that road… not if in my case it’s smarts or woosieness