GEM eL XD 2018 how to access battery pack

Good day,I have this gem and I am trying to access the battery pack. Does anyone know the procedure on this particular vehicle? I need to replace battery’s and can’t figure how to access them. Thank you

Under the front access panel of the bed. Then there is a secondary battery cover.
We make high mileage lithium batteries for the new Gems. 10kwh can give near 80-100 miles range.
And for 1/2 the cost of the Polaris 10kwh option.

Price on these lithium and charger? I had to pull the cap off the back to access the battery pack

Only need battery. Uses same charger.
$2500

It sounds like these caps were added after the factory released the car to an aftermarket coach works and they didn’t think far enough ahead/didn’t know/didn’t care that the batteries are going to eventually need servicing.

Yes,I pulled the cap off to get to battery pack. I have tried to charge it,but the charge meter on the dash shows it is dead. It actually is running

I have it plugged in,but the dash shows no battery level after 6 hrs. Is there a reset or an on off switch like the older gems have?

Take a look on the charger status panel itself. What is it showing when plugged in?

Is your panel showing a wrench?

Can you get a reading on what your BattV actually is?

1 Like

I see a wrench and a yellow triangle.
This is saying there is one or more error codes stored. Press the black rubber button and see if it will show you a code. Press it multiple times.

How long have you had this cart?
Now that you have access to the batteries, can you find a date code?
What batteries are installed?
When was the last time they were serviced? (watered(if wet), balanced, checked the connections)

This battery pack is original full river brand AGM.

I have had this for 2 weeks now

Best photo I can get,but it is blinking the battery pack charge indicator

Also I have noticed that the car doesn’t come on everytime I turn the key on. Something activated under dash with a light clicking sound,but nothing comes on the display and it won’t run when it does this.

Also another code just popped up,says BATT LOW. Does this car have an auxiliary battery on it? I know some of these type vehicles have a small 12 volt in them for auxiliary

I found an auxiliary battery under the dash. It was defective so I changed it. Still have the triangle on the display. Anyway t9 clear the faults

See if it clears after a charge cycle?

Changing the Aux battery will probably solve this problem-

I have noticed that the car doesn’t come on everytime I turn the key on.

But I don’t see where you have done any further diagnostics of the main drive pack. Did you check those out and decided they were OK?

I changed auxiliary battery,and the dash and key switch work perfectly. The code and symbol are still there. Cart took a full charge also. I haven’t tested anything else. How do you get rid of the fault code