Gem cart 6 seat 2014 code 21 16 77

Hey I was driving my car yesterday fast like 31 mph and had a code 21 in the middle of the road that made my car stop and it start again all of a sudden after I had code 16 had to push the car sum way and finally I got to get back home when I got home I had code 77 does anyone know how to find the problem and fix it thx

What batteries do you have?

Have 9 8 volts new gel

Wow- 3 different codes in one trip? That makes for quite a day!!

Code 21 - accelerator fault safety lock out inspect accelerator resistance and wiring
Code 16 - voltage high electrical fault verify voltage >86vdc, if higher, run lights to reduce
Code 77 - vehicle over speed error inspect motor controller

Weird… All not really related. I say there is something going on inside your controller. Check the main plug first. Look for dirt/corrosion/water where it shouldn’t be.

Where are you located? Has it rained lately? Wave you washed your car?

If it continues, remove the motor controller and take it apart. Look for water ingress, corrosion, maybe bits of something bumping around in there.

That is sign of a controller going bad. have had 2 other 2014 do it. Needs to be rebuilt

Car is still running btw not sure what I should check maybe start with some voltage math on the controller

pull the 23 pin connector and clean it could help. If it like the one’s I dealt with, the intermediate problem will get worse. After the 3rd time getting stuck I had them rebuilt.

Looks clean getting 78 volts on control

https://www.shop.fsip.biz/Image/GetDocument/en/291

Looks clean, doubt it is your problem.

Looks clean, doubt it is your problem.

Agree. Now for a peek inside.
If it is anything like the problem the other day (Temp Light stuck on/Turborobo) it looked like water got in from around the main plug.

It also may not be water related. Maybe something came loose and is playing pinball in there?

Clean is good but needs lube as per GE to prevent issues.

“When servicing existing vehicles exhibiting
symptoms of intermittent mis-operation or shutdown by the
GE control, GE recommends the addition of this lubricant
to all 12 and 23 pin plugs, after proper cleaning of the
connectors, as a preventative measure to insure fretting is
not an issue before GE control replacement. Also, for
long term reliable control operation, the plug terminals
must be maintained per these instructions with the
recommended contact cleaner and lubricant which
provides a high degree of environmental and fretting
protection.”

Ya maybe something came loose but what and where will I check that

Am thinking the pedal is the problem 🥸

Code 21 - accelerator fault safety lock out inspect accelerator resistance and wiring

This is the main code I get . How can i fix this anyone
Lol

2014 pedals are optical sensors, very reliable. different from early Gems. Inwo has replacements but I have never seen one fail.

1 Like

So what does accelerator fault even mean?