Gem 2005 E2 More power needed?

I have a 2005 Gem es it’s set for 25 mile a hour can it go faster ?

yep.

You can do the Magic Magnet @Inwo sells.
You can put bigger rims and or tires on it.
You possibly need more battery power via lithium and or new batteries.
You could put a motorcycle engine in it.
You could point it down a hill.
You could take some Adderall and run alongside and ghost ride it.
You could close your eyes when driving it. (Believe me, it’s WAAAY faster that way.)
You could put it on a trailer. I got mine up to 70 mph that way behind my truck.

3 Likes

2005 has T3 controller. 29/30 is about the best you can get with this controller. Change to a T4

Thank u for answering my post, so do u think a also magic magnet work ?

So T4 will it change my speed thank u very much I will change it now,

But for clarification sake, and correct me if I’m wrong @Old_Houseboater, but even with a T4 the top end is 35 if there are not other things done? And even 35 is when all the suns and moons alighn?

Depends on the cart, the motor, gear ratio, tire size, tach magnet and programming.

My 09 4 door E4 with all the above would do 36. I had a E2 with 8.9 gear box that would do 40.

In retrospect 35 vs 25 is a world of difference.

Yeah, lot’s of variables.
It sounds like @defeojack1is fishing for a single magic bullet when there are multiple things to be fiddled with.

I don’t think anyone has reported on high voltage with a T3.
See what Grant thinks.

I have not played with a T-3 I stay away from T-3 cars. If I was stuck with a T-3 car and I wanted to do a High voltage gem. I would swap over to a T-4 controller. You need to do some mods to get a T-3 car to work with a T-4 very similar to swapping a T-1 car to T-2

Do a search for T-1 to T-2 conversion for a Idea of what’s needed simple jumpers ect

I thought you might have a more optimistic prediction.
Do you think similar performance might be achieved with T3/stock as T4/stock?

I can confirm (as Rodney mentioned in another thread) my T3 topped out at 30mph even with mega voltage. With my car tires, I was able to get to 32, but you could tell it was all done at 30. Recorded via an iphone app.

1 Like

What mods would I need I have a t3 e4 and a t4 e2 and would like to swap controllers between them

I would like to lower the field current on a t3 to see it that’s the key to higher speed.