Ford Think Parts

So much goodness in this thread, so thank you.

I just had a stock half shaft shear off where it enters the wheel hub. We know NEV sells the CV pair for &400+ … is it at all likely that, as with other parts described here, that there is a part that was also used on another platform that would work?

It’s possible but it might be easier to take an axle assemble to cv axle rebuilder and see if they can make what you need. I’ve done this on other vehicles but haven’t needed to yet with a Think

1 Like

Front and Rear Brake Cylinders

While replacing my left rear halfshaft, I learned that my right rear brake cylinder had failed; brake fluid all over the place.

NEV lists different part numbers for them, and there are certainly visual differences:

Above in this thread, Dorman W13388 is listed as a replacement. Has anyone confirmed another Dorman part number for the other (front or rear?) cylinder? They are literally 1/3 of NEV’s price if bought elsewhere; just hoping to order the correct direct replacements for the rears and fronts.

I just did all 4 wheel cylinders an my pickup. Purchased off Amazon.

I used the same one for the front and rear.

Dorman W37347 Rear Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder Compatible with Select Fiat Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y4B3E0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_W0Q4VFP5SFPWDK85D4X0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation on the Dorman part! Ordered …

Can you tell me the part number for the led flasher unit you installed?

CF13GL-02 LED Bulb Electronic Flasher

You know what’s weird, I replaced all my lights to LED, am using the stock flasher, and I don’t have an issue with my 4seater, but my 2seater flashes fast. I swapped the flasher, still the same. Also using the same exact bulbs. I’m ordering 2 of the flasher you suggest.

Greatly appreciated…

Looking to replace all my control arm bushings. Anyone know where to find those?

I took my old one into Napa once I pressed it out and the found the exact match, can’t be certain on this but I think they said it was the same as a ford pinto.

Try this place, they do have new parts for the think but not a whole bunch. I am still looking for a charger for mine!
Good luck
https://www.google.com/search?q=thing+parts+sun+city+az&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&source=hp&ei=3IYEYsuqNoHCkPIPpZyeoAE&oq=thing+parts+sun+city&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCrAjIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCOg4IABCPARDqAhCMAxDlAjoICC4QsQMQgwE6DgguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToFCAAQgAQ6CAgAEIAEELEDOgsILhCABBDHARDRAzoOCC4QgAQQsQMQxwEQ0QM6CAguEIAEELEDOggIABCABBDJAzoLCC4QgAQQxwEQrwE6BwgAEIAEEAo6BwgAEMkDEAo6BQgAEJIDOgQIABAKOgUILhCABDoLCC4QgAQQsQMQgwE6CwguEIAEEMcBEKMCOgcIABCxAxAKOgoIABCxAxCDARAKOgcILhCABBAKOgYIABAWEB46CAgAEBYQChAeOgkIABDJAxAWEB5QwApY1q8BYMvEAWgFcAB4AIABiQKIAd0ekgEGMC4xOC42mAEAoAEBsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:rln,rc_ludocids:16362378600712069395,ru_gwp:0%2C7,ru_lqi:Chd0aGluZyBwYXJ0cyBzdW4gY2l0eSBhekiPvcnq6ICAgAhaIxAAEAEYABgBGAQiF3RoaW5nIHBhcnRzIHN1biBjaXR5IGF6kgEQYXV0b19wYXJ0c19zdG9yZaoBExABKg8iC3RoaW5nIHBhcnRzKAA,ru_phdesc:x_1Iv5bsrI4,trex_id:QiJ1Fc

UPDATE on Shocks:
My Gabriel Hijacker 49614 air shocks are performing as expected with no issues.
Since i put 17" rims and 205/45 tires on it, there is absolutely no rub. I only put air shocks on the front, but I did purchase 2 pairs if needed.

I purchased the wheel cylinders on Amazon and they did not work out. :weary:

They looked like an exact match, but had some issues with them

The bolts for them come in contact with the cylinder and do not fasten down to backing plate. I had to use a dremel to remove some material so I could bolt them in.

The old wheel cylinders collapsed a lot further than the Amazon ones, after installing the shoes I could not get the drums to go on. I had to use a grinder to cut the shoes down where they meet the cylinder just to get the drums on, and now it stops pretty poorly.

I’ve decided to cut my losses and order all new stuff from nev.

Anyone know what the connector for the charger harness is? Looks like this. I’m replacing my charger and want to put the OEM connector on the new charger to keep the install clean.

Just an FYI…These are getting hard to find. Discontinued

Talking about the Gabrial Air shocks from a previous post

Gabriel Hijacker 49614

Just use the specs from the 49614 and find a match or contact Gabriel for a substitute model.

I was told that the horn is a 12VDC ground isolated model, so a normal horn would not work. I sourced a ground isolated Club Car golf cart horn from the following site and it worked great:

I also replaced the multifunction switch at the same time from NEV Accessories and that solved all my lighting and turn signal issues immediately.

https://www.nevaccessories.com/FORD-THINK-MULTIFUNCTION-SWITCH-WITH-RELAY/productinfo/THK-MFS/

Note of caution: somehow the smallest car I own now has by far the loudest horn I own. The car is so quiet that it sneaks up on people walking in the street and the horn is so loud, I have seen people actually ■■■■ themselves when I hit that horn button. Maybe I will get a bike bell or something a little softer and save the big horn for when people are about to cut me off.

Good luck, RB

All - I am looking to upgrading my wheel bearings to engineering grade bearings. I have worked with BOCA Bearing before so I figured to give it a shot. Ceramic would be nice, but its 81$ / bearings vs 14$/bearing for standard. Ceramic could have issues with shock load (hitting pothole)

FYI= Use the live chat and you may be able to get a discount

Ceramic (ABEC 5) = 81$ / bearing

Standard w/ ZZ (non-removable / less drag seals / ABEC 1) = ~14$ / bearing

Standard w/ 2RS (Rubber Seal / removeable / more drag / better weather seal / ABEC 1)) = ~14$ / bearing