Ford Think Parts

Turn signal replacement to LED Bulbs. Here is a link to the LED Bulbs I used to change 0ut the Old ones.

Amazon.com: Qoope - Pack of 4-1056 BAU15S 7507 12496 5009 PY21W Super Bright Amber/Yellow 12-24V DC 3014 144SMD LED Bulbs for Turn Signal Blinker Lights Side Marker Light: Automotive

2 Likes

Not sure if you have this problem but when I upgraded to led my turn signals flashed really fast. I bought a flasher unit made for leds from superbrightleds.com and it fixed the problem. Canā€™t remember the price but it was cheap. The flasher unit plugs directly into the multifunction switch. (turn signal switch)

I have not got them yet and Think is almost completely disassembled in my garage, but when I get them I will check there function and get the flasher unit for LEDā€™s Thanks.

BTW can you tell me the model # of the D&D Motor ES 18A Trying to figure out what will fit and give best speed, I found that I have a grey motor and D1 controller :frowning: so Iā€™ll be either getting a D2 or ?

ES 18A is the model number of the D&D Think motor. Yes the gray motor is a 4hp motor and itā€™s junk along with the D1. You will also need to program the controller to get speeds above 25 mph or buy a magic magnet. I have the kit Forklift Electronics sells along with the one inwo sells but I couldnā€™t get either to work properly so I just ended up buying the proper GE programmer from FSIP. FSIP gives good discounts if you sign up for a company account. AC motors are the way to go but getting one to fit without major mods is the problem. The Ford Think speedometer will only read up to 35 MPH for what ever reason but actual speed goes 40+ with running at 96 volts and bigger tires. You will need a voltage spoof if you go with high voltage which inwo sells or you can make one.

Looking for volunteers to hot rod a Think, and Iā€™ve never seen one.
It seems that motor assembly can be rotated back to use a longer motor.
I never asked. 19 spline?

I think itā€™s a 19 spline from what I remember and rotating the assembly would be relatively easy but the frame rail would still be in the way. You could cut the angle iron and rotate the diff to drop the motor lower to clear the frame rail. That would gain about an extra 4"

I may need to by a transmission to test fit. Are gears available?

1 Like

Yes cut that out and rotate the assembly should gain an extra 4" giving about 14" total for the motor length. I think it would needed to be rotated towards the back as the suspension would probably be in the way rotating it forward. Only thing in the way rotating towards the back is the trunk that is made of plastic and would probably need some modifying. The motor still couldnā€™t be much wider because of the axle.

Is the ES 18A Motor 72 Volts and 11 hp - is that a Gem Motor?? I was told by a cart shop the the ES 18A is to big to fit in a Think? Also what is a voltage Spoof?

Thank you,
John

ES 18A is the Ford Think motor not the Gem motor. Itā€™s a 7.5 hp motor that some claim has a peak 11 hp. A voltage spoof tricks the controller into thinking the voltage is less than it really is. For a 96 volt system you need a 15 volt voltage spoof. Without it your car will set a over voltage code and not run. To install it you just remove the pin 1 wire at the controller and install the voltage spoof.

1 Like

Thank you David,

Iā€™ll call D&D again tomorrow, called today but the guy to talk yo was gone for the day. I believe that a forklift T1 controller may be used vs. a D2
of course either would need to be tweaked.

Let us know if you go with a forklift controller and if it actually works out. Finding a cheaper alternative would make someone happy Iā€™m sure.

@David_Illingworth
What will it take to get you to test our Gem ac motor system? You seem to be the go-to Think guy.
Iā€™ll supply the parts, just send them back when through testing.

In a couple of months when I get caught up Iā€™d give it a go. Would just have to buy the motor and controller because thereā€™s no way Iā€™d be taking it back out once I got it all set up.

Think Bearing 6006ā€“2RS 30x55x13 Sealed
Here are the ones I just orderedā€¦
10 Pcs 6006-2RS Bearings (30x55x13mm) Double Rubber Red Seal Bearing, Deep Groove for Home Appliances, Garden Machinery, Industrial Equipment, Electric Toys and Tool, etc.: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

10 Pcs 6006-2RS Bearings (30x55x13mm) Double Rubber Red Seal Bearing, Deep Groove for Home Appliances, Garden Machinery,Industrial Equipment, Electric Toys and Tool, etc.

Windshield washer pump is a B805 which are used on Peterbiltā€™s. This is the one I installed and it works perfectly. Amazon.com: KARPAL Windshield Washer Squirter Pump Compatible With PETERBILT 066011A 370 330 335 Series Truck: Automotive

The socket assembly where you plug in the charge cord is a Kim Hotstart FM1520. I had to replace one because some moron glued the two halves together. Found a great deal on eBay.

Hey, just wanted to link my topic which shows my modifications for my THINK instead of writing it again.

[quote=ā€œInwo, post:47, topic:18642ā€]g
may need to by a transmission to test fit. image
[/quote]

Are gears available?

pmac motor

Why didnt i see this post last week. Would have saved some money on those Brake Lights. DANG IT

1 Like