Ford Think Intrument cluster stays warm when key is off!

Hello, I have a 02 Ford Think Neighbor and the intrument cluster makes a click sound every 30 seconds and it gets and stays pretty warm. This happens even when the key is out. The only way to stop it is to flip the service disconnect switch. I have already replaced the instrument cluster and the key barrel trying to stop it with no luck. The batteries are also new. This sounds like a grounding problem or relay maybe?!? Can anyone help me in the right direction? Thanks

[QUOTE=toon;9053]Hello, I have a 02 Ford Think Neighbor and the intrument cluster makes a click sound every 30 seconds and it gets and stays pretty warm. This happens even when the key is out. The only way to stop it is to flip the service disconnect switch. I have already replaced the instrument cluster and the key barrel trying to stop it with no luck. The batteries are also new. This sounds like a grounding problem or relay maybe?!? Can anyone help me in the right direction? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Did you ever got answer to you question… i had the same problem and the cluster burned out after a few days… I wonder if you had the same experience.

I did some limited research on the Ford Think prior to buying a Gem Car. I noticed that the instrument cluster, which controls everything, was a common weak point on them. There are many stories of failures out there. You can find redesigned aftermarket rebuilt ones available, but they are pricey.

Good luck with your Think. :slight_smile: