Think Contactor and cluster won’t turn on

I parked the think the other night. Turned off the main switch like I do before the rain and covered it. The next morning it wouldn’t turn on. The Contactor will not click and the cluster does not turn on. The think will not move. I replaced all fuses and even a new switch that I had and nothing. It will charge still and batteries are at 75v. The only thing that works is the hazards and horn. I tested the dc/dc and it had 72v going in and 12v coming out. Any ideas?
Thanks

Check for codes. If it happened after it rained and if the motor controller hasn’t been rebuilt it’s possible water has gotten inside it. This is a known issue and usually after they sit for a day or two they come back to life.

1 Like

TY David.
Think owners would be lost without you.
You are what makes this forum the go-to place.
Just as Byron does for Gems.

Cluster will fail when turning on the kill switch due to a voltage spike. A known issue for years. A rebuilt cluster will usually solve this issue.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll start by testing the controller. Is there any way to check for codes without the cluster turning on?

I had the same issue when I got my first Think. I washed it inside and out, as it was filthy. I learned the big mistake. I parked it inside my garage and left it for a week. Flipped the switch, heard the click, turned the key and it ran perfect. So now I never leave it, (if possible), in the rain and only wash the interior with a cleaner and rag or paper towels. Definitely follow @David_Illingworth suggestions.

It ended up being the cluster. I bought a different one off Facebook and everything works like it should.

1 Like