Error 05

In previous thread I was getting an error code -51. It was determined that the controller needed to be rebuilt. Sent it off to flight systems, re installed it and now I am getting a error code -05. I checked the main fuse and it looks fine. Any suggestions what to do next?

Thanks,
Jeff

An 05 error is usually associated with the start switch circuit.

All GEM owners should copy this address.

http://www.fsip.biz/GEManualsDownload.html

This site has all the popular controller manuals used on GEM cars except T5

Studying the manual for your controller will answer a ton of questions.

A member on another site posted that some Rebuilds included another wire that had to be added to ground to prevent the 05 error.

This was true on a T3 I got back for one of my customers earlier this year.

Rodney

What year cart?

Rodney it is a 04. I’m thinking maybe I screwed up the adjustment on the potentiometer when I disassemble the pedal last time? Not sure didn’t have the 05 before I had the controller rebuilt.

Is there a proper way to reset it?
Seems like the start switch operates with a good click

Thanks,
Jeff

Apparently the wire was for error -04 parking brake on different models

[quote=Jsrrags;32179]Rodney it is a 04. I’m thinking maybe I screwed up the adjustment on the potentiometer when I disassemble the pedal last time? Not sure didn’t have the 05 before I had the controller rebuilt.

Is there a proper way to reset it?
Seems like the start switch operates with a good click

Thanks,
Jeff[/quote]

The pot must be set to zero speed as the switch clicks.
That’s to prevent run-away if throttle is stuck on.

My memory is bad it was 04.

Getting the pot adjustment is tricky.

With the pedal all the way up the pot should be fully counterclockwise to start. (Looking at the shaft end.) This a STARTING point. The next try should be 2 teeth clock wise from the fully counter clock wise position. and on and on and on. Block the car off the ground when messing with function.

Try this test Hold the pedal fully down when turning on the switch. This should provide an 11 code. This would be GOOD. It would indicate that the circuit is working and adjustment of the pot should fix the problem. I Have the 2001-2004 manual on PDF It has an excellent trouble shooting guide. Also have the 2005 up.

Email me rodneyadiehl@aol.com

Well turned out to be a pinched wire inside the pedal housing. Spliced it together and seems to be working fine. Thanks everyone for their help