Environmental Benefits of Electric Cars

I’ve recently written a new book, [I]Owning an Electric Car[/I] which - surprise, surprise - is all about owning electric cars.

The main trigger for writing the book was to counter a lot of the mis-information you find on electric cars on the web and in the press: everyone has an opinion about electric cars, but the vast majority of these people have never seen a modern electric car let alone have any genuine knowledge about them. :whistle: (that isn’t aimed at people on this forum, by the way, but if you go onto a mainstream car forum and post “hey, I want to buy an electric car, what do people think?”, you’ll soon see exactly what I mean!)

As part of the research for the book, I took two electric cars - a Mitsubishi iMiEV and a G-Wiz; and two popular European gasoline cars - a Toyota Aygo and a Fiat Panda. I then subjected them to a series of tests to identify the environmental benefits of electric cars.

I put together a YouTube video explaining the tests and the results, which you can watch here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSVc2SrXVIk&feature=email]YouTube - Electric Car efficiency[/ame]

The upshot is that I found that electric cars are significantly more environmentally friendly than gasoline cars. Even if the electric cars are charged up from coal-fired power stations, there is still a useful environmental benefit.

Nice video explanation. we need such things for present situation. solar lights

The environmental benefits of electric cars are denounced as “fiction” by new research into green methods of transport.

Energy Smart Industry (ESI) is an eco-friendly firm that offers an innovative lighting redesign and LED Retrofit program. It is the only company of its kind in the United States that offers the retrofit lighting service and LED Lighting systems with guaranteed positive cash flow and no out-of-pocket cost. ESI allows buildings to realize guaranteed energy cost savings with an unbelievable positive cash flow. ESI includes a unique 5-year protection policy on the lighting installed. After the LED lighting retrofit the building will enjoy an energy efficient lighting system at no cost, an immediate positive cash flow guaranteed, 5 years of comprehensive free maintenance, and will become green by reducing carbon emission.

[QUOTE=energysmartin;7675]The environmental benefits of electric cars are denounced as “fiction” by new research into green methods of transport.
[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to know your sources. Most sources I have found for this sort of information lead to poorly researched articles or reports that do not bear close scrutiny. However, if there is some report out there that offers credible research into this, I’d like to see it.

[QUOTE=energysmartin;7675]Energy Smart Industry (ESI) is an eco-friendly firm that offers an innovative lighting redesign and LED Retrofit program. It is the only company of its kind in the United States that offers the retrofit lighting service and LED Lighting systems with guaranteed positive cash flow and no out-of-pocket cost. ESI allows buildings to realize guaranteed energy cost savings with an unbelievable positive cash flow. ESI includes a unique 5-year protection policy on the lighting installed. After the LED lighting retrofit the building will enjoy an energy efficient lighting system at no cost, an immediate positive cash flow guaranteed, 5 years of comprehensive free maintenance, and will become green by reducing carbon emission.[/QUOTE]

or is it that perhaps you’re more interested in advertising your own products rather than adding useful comment to the forums?

Great effort is taken to keep the mass of an electric vehicle as low as possible, in order to improve the EV’s range and endurance. Despite these efforts, the high density and weight of the electric batteries usually results in an EV being heavier than a similar equivalent gasoline vehicle leading to less interior space, and longer braking distances. However, in a collision, the occupants of a heavy vehicle will, on average, suffer fewer and less serious injuries than the occupants of a lighter vehicle; therefore, the additional weight brings safety benefits despite having a negative effect on the car’s performance.

shuttle form prague airport

Great iformational video shared by you.Thanks for sharing it and i hope you will keep sharing good information with us here… :slight_smile:

auto repair minneapolis

Electric cars are a fantastic way to help reduce carbon emissions and there are many well-designed models too, so if you’re searching for a new car, consider an electric one for excellent environmental efficiency.

Dallas Transponder Keys