Electrical Vs Trad Vehicle

I’m just curious to know your thoughts about this.

I’ve been driving my fiesta 2012 base model for 8 years and replaced multiple parts of the vehicle to fix some issues that I encountered such as poor brakes after 15,000 miles, poor battery due to excessive use and etc.

I spent tons of dollars from https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/ just to fix my old car.

I’m thinking of replacing my old car with an electrical vehicle soon with a GEM vehicle.

my question is, is it really saves me more money, or will my spendings will stay the same for maintaining the car?

My daughter had a Fiesta with the defective transmission and had to sue (successfully) Ford to take it back. Sorry to hear you were cheated too.

You can’t really compare a GEM however as it’s a low speed neighborhood vehicle and not suitable for longer range or highway speeds.

We also am leasing a 2019 Chevy Bolt with great success. Only maintenance cost so far was a cabin air filter after 1 year.

An electric car will be cheaper in the long run than ICE. You don’t mention where you live, in So Cal, weather isn’t an issue.

Before you buy anything I would suggest you use the app turo.com and rent for a day or two each of the types of car you are interested in. This gives you an opportunity to really test drive. We tried all the electric cars available before settling on the Bolt. I was all in for a Model 3 but the wife preferred the Chevy.

Have noted you can get older ones off leases around here for under $20k.

Good luck!