Electric power steering

Hi everyone. I am new to the site, just joined today but have been lurking for some time. I have hit a road block and desparatley need help.
I am building a small scale electric car just to learn the basics. Then I will try my hand at a larger vehicle.
I am now working out the power steering and have hit a road block.
I aquired an electric over hydraulic power steering pump from a 2005 V50 Volvo.
I am hoping that someone here can help me get this pump running. I know it works as I have tested it in a working volvo.
However it is not as easy as hooking up 12VDC to get it to turn on. The host vehicle employs a host of sensors to comunicate with the pumps motor.
Does anyone have any idea as to how to bypass the sensors and still allow the motor to run? Here is a PDF file and a picture that explains much of the pumps workings. Thank you very much for any and all help,
Marco

Power steering (or more correctly for most road vehicles power assisted steering), assists the driver of an automobile in steering by directing a portion of the vehicle’s power to traverse the axis of one or more of its wheels. On most road going vehicles there has to be a mechanical linkage as a fail-safe. Originally invented in the early 20th century, automotive engineers have implemented this now standard feature with a variety of technologies.mustang parts

Hi,
I have a Peugeot 1007.The power steering works fine and feels fine, but has always made an odd noise when the wheel is starting to turn. Does this seem ok? I’m not sure whether to take it to a garage? I don’t want to waste my time and money. Thanks.

In most cases of power-steering failure, it is usually the pump that encounters problems and is unable to pump the fluid through the system. A power steering failure is easily noticeable since there is increased effort required to maneuver the vehicle. In case your vehicle is experiencing problems with the power steering, get it serviced by a qualified technician. Pump repairs are usually costly and if the damage is more pronounced, it is advisable to replace the pump instead of spending money on repairs.

volvo parts