Electric motorcycle

[QUOTE=Paul51480;876]Hi everyone… Ok here is the story now… It turns out what I thought was a sinus/eye infection was an allergy attack and a piece of metal in my eye. After a week on antibiotics and not getting better my family doctor sent me to an ophthalmologist and he found a nice piece of metal rusting in my eye. The doctor had to dig a little hole in my eye to get it out because it had been a week and the epithelial cells in my eye had grown over the metal. Did anyone know the doctor has a small dremel tool he uses on your eye to get a rust ring out…? On the plus side the metal was down a little and to the right a little from my pupil so they think I wont have too much trouble once its all healed up. For all those saying how dumb I am right now let me just say I do wear safety goggles when ever I am working with a sander or grinder or anything else like that but every once in a while I forget to put them on right away and I’ll go over and turn on the grinder and as soon as I see the sparks flying off I remember. I now plan to put goggle as the garage door and wear them always in there no matter what I am doing cause let me tell you they numb your eye up real good so you don’t feel anything but you cant look away or anything and you have to watch the pick scratching at your eye and it makes a noise and its quite possibly one of the worst noises I have ever heard. The doctor really used a little powered de burring rotary tool on my eye too. I hope this serves to scare the rest of you into always wearing eye protection cause it really sucks and a few millimeters over and I could have been mostly blind in my left eye…[/QUOTE]

omg wow i’m SUPER twitchy about my eyes as it is (have a hard time going to the eye doctor and CANT put in contacts or eye drops) so i would have rather died lmao (hence i’ll never get lasic eye surgery)

My wife is exactly the same way, she was ok setting in the room till he brought in the pick then she had to go out into the waiting room. I should be back to my motorcycle this week sometime. I am thinking about forgoing the goggles for a welding helmet LOL… I don’t ever want to go through that again…

[QUOTE=Paul51480;879]My wife is exactly the same way, she was ok setting in the room till he brought in the pick then she had to go out into the waiting room. I should be back to my motorcycle this week sometime. I am thinking about forgoing the goggles for a welding helmet LOL… I don’t ever want to go through that again…[/QUOTE]

maybe use both lol cant be too cautious…

Hi everyone, I had a ton of chores to catch up on today. I was in and out of my garage all day working around my motorcycle, as it takes up a fair part of my little one car garage. I got fed up just seeing it setting there so I went and wired up my controller and throttle and took it for a test drive on 24V. It ran great, nice and quiet and at 24V the speedometer shows it goes just a bit over 30mph :slight_smile: My wife and I have little schwinn 24V 500W scooters we take with us camping to get around the campground and my motorcycle makes less noise then those do. We took some video and picture and later tonight I will upload them and post them for all to see… :slight_smile:

wow, thats freakin awesome! :smiley:

Cant wait to see it get more done to it.

looks like hardly anything is even on it :smiley:

Yea its pretty much nothing… The frame the wheels and the handle bars. The breaks don’t work LOL I was using the good old foot breaks and the seat was just setting on there. I have to cut the fender to get it to fit around the motor and the seat bolts too the fender. I will have to fix the breaks before I run it again. I ran it 2 miles just going up and down my street and around the block and it ran great the chain and sprockets looked good and sounded good there was no funny noise or anything. I think I will fabricate some kind of chain guard before I run it on 48V as I imagine the chain coming loose and hitting me well the motor is running upwards of 3k RPMs would not feel nice. I am going to go out there right now and work on the fender and the brakes and maybe I will run it again tomorrow and have some more video and pictures…

P.S. the Video is incoming my wife is uploading and editing it right now…

By the way everyone will notice my handy dandy saftey goggles… Dont go in the garage without emm and I constantly forget to take them off ROFL…

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZoPa1oYEs[/ame]

Here ya go we didn’t take too much video so we did a slide show with all the pictures we had after the video so everyone got to hear more of the music…

I just got the brakes working again they were just out of adjustment. I cut the fender and bolted it back on and reattached the seats. Tomorrow I will get a longer video and maybe some video from the passenger seat if I can convince my wife it’s not a death trap… :cool:

[QUOTE=Paul51480;900]I just got the brakes working again they were just out of adjustment. I cut the fender and bolted it back on and reattached the seats. Tomorrow I will get a longer video and maybe some video from the passenger seat if I can convince my wife it’s not a death trap… :cool:[/QUOTE]

dude thats awesome, i love the whining sound of an electric motor :smiley:

I got some more video today. I took my wife for a ride but she wouldn’t handle the camera, she just wanted to hold on LOL…

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPB8VuzeBKk[/ame]

It’s not too much to look at right now but it’s a hell of a lot of fun to ride.

thats so awesome, definately makes me want to start up the project now.

Any one have a good source for LED automotive lighting?

[QUOTE=Paul51480;948]Any one have a good source for LED automotive lighting?[/QUOTE]

as for headlights? or for turn signals and such? best bet is go on ebay and get 194 LED’s which are usually the bulbs that you swap out for automotive lighting (for interior lights at least) I’ll also look for a LED/bulb conversion chart for ya. if they even exist… but yea back to your question… ebay they can be had for cheap there usually.

Thats is a cool bike ,great thread and video post. After you get everything together are you going to ad more batteries for more power and speed?

yea it gets 2 more batteries for 48V and it should get up around 60mph…

Thnx for the info on the LED’s. I was already looking at ebay, good to know I was pointed in the right direction.

Hey everyone, I got the other two batteries mounted today. I am now at 48V and it goes fast. I was all excited to test it out and I got it wired up and snapped some pics that I’ll get up here in a little bit and I ran it around the block. It has some nice pickup and I have no Idea what speed it goes, as I need to fix the speedometer still. I ran it around the block then started around again and when I made my second turn I noticed a county sheriff setting in the cul-de-sac at the end of the street about 40 feet away. He had to be setting there on my first trip around but he must have been on lunch or taking a nap or something. My bike has no tag, the speed limit was 35 and I am not sure how fast I was going but I know damn well it was quite a bit over 35. I made a U-turn came home and parked it behind the garage for a while LOL… I just put it away and I think I am done for today. LOL :smiley:

Pics will be up in a little while :cool:

I just need to wire up the lighting and the converter and trim some extra metal off the battery tray and its ready for a tag. I am also thinking about covering the outside of the battery tray with something so I dont cut up my legs bumping into it.

Pic’s incoming…

thats awesome! list the parts you used on it! :smiley:

and dare i ask how much you’ve spent on it yet?

I’ve been looking for a small project to learn some more stuff on yet, before i go FULL BLOWN on a car or something