E825/e4 Trailer size

Does anyone use a trailer to haul their gem car? I have a 4 seater and was wondering if it will fit on a 10x5 trailer? Or what have you done to transport?

I think my utility trailer is that same size. It is rated for 2000lbs and I haul my 2 seater GEM on it when needed but it just fits. The 4 seater will be to long to fit on that size trailer.

the e2’s length is 99 inches… wheel base is 72"… the e4 is 164" … wheel base 133"… a 5x10 trailer is too short also the e4 weighs 1640 lbs

Bob

I tow an E2 on a 6’x10. Make sure you can open the doors if you have them. Barry

I was able to rent out a uhaul 6 x12 trailer and had to remove the doors. it was very very tight for my 2005 E4 but it worked.

Chuck

Chuck… thanks for sharing… the doors on your car or the trailer… how did you tie the car down… how far did you take it???

Bob

Hi Bob,

I had the hard doors on the gem car removed as it was that tight. I used ratched straps and use one up front and the other in the back. I traveled 120 miles doing 75 mph in my avalanche. Pulls fine as the car only weights about 1300 lbs for an E4

Chuck

that would be ‘at the legal speed limit or more’ the exact speed can be incriminating… good for you… thanks again

Bob

Hi Bob,

The speed limit in Georgia in some areas is 70 . The uhaul trailer is heavy and I tow alot of toys so 75 was comfortable. I think I have a wheel balance issue as the truck pulls nice without vibration at 60 or 75. Anywhere in the middle provide a little shimmy to the wheel :).

Chuck