E6 2007 charging issues

First to all of you in Florida, be safe thoughts and prayers go out to you. I have a 2007 E6. In was charging great. I keep it plugged in but don’t use it very often. Recently even though it was plugged in it wouldn’t charge at all. It showed the plugged in charging icon on the dash but after days it lost bars. Yesterday I turned the key on and plugged it in. Several hours later it showed a full charge. There are no codes. Am I doing something wrong. Is it alright to charge with the key on? Thanks. Phil in La Jolla, California

Sorry I couldn’t see an edit button. It will charge occasionally with the key off. It is totally random. I have tried different electrical cords, didn’t seem to make a difference. Thanks. Phil

After the charge is complete the charger shuts off and WON’T charge again until it is unplugged to reset. Leaving it connected will not maintain the battery charge. If you leave the cart unattended for long periods buy a timer and set it to 8 hours on time every 2 weeks. Only the most recent chargers automatically maintain the battery pack.

Rodney

Did Rodney’s hint about unplugging/replugging work? If not, maybe measuring the battery voltage after a charge and then also after a drive around the block with the lights on and then leaving the lights on and measure again. A trip around the block shouldn’t drop the voltage much and sitting with the lights on should still give you around 12.5V or more. If not, maybe one or more of the batteries are weak. BTW, I’m in Pacific Beach.

Doug

Delta-Q should keep battery maintained if left plugged in.
Do you mean no codes on the dash? The charge error codes are on the charger.
Count the blinks.