E-Mach lithium packs in a E4 Gem 2014. From LithiumGods

Hello
I recently purchased a 2014 gem with original gel Polaris cells. The cart would have a range between 10 -20 miles on a charge not bad for their age. I was going to replace the batteries with another set of gels. I stumbled on this forum looking if Lithiums were a option.

After messaging both Inwo and LithiumGods I decided to go with the bigger 200 amp 20s 72 volt pack. I did buy a magic magnet from inwo. Works great.

The e-Mach packs are the latest and greatest for the e-mustang.

My impressions of the install and driving.

The packs are sent ground ups un-charged. They are about 72lbs.

LithiumGods send a pictures and instructions. This is my cliff notes

If you know how to operate a sawzall and a grinder with cutoff wheel. You can do this.

Turn off the master switch by the fuses on the center dash.

First steps are to get rid of the old batteries. Take the back rear cover off. Unplug the tail lights. The plug is under the rear seat. There are about 8 bolts holding the cover on.

The rear 2 batteries slide out after taking the cables off and the hold down bolts. The 2 center batteries slide out the back also.

Once the cart backs cover is off you need to trim a few pieces to slide the batteries into place.

The seat belt plate on the bottom needs to be flush to the bar. Use cutoff wheel.

Make a bottom deck out of aluminum. I used 18 gauge, 18”x24 should be enough to start.

This is field install. I think if you had some 20” angle metal you can bolt the battery down. I used a ratchet strap I had near by and it works well. I wrapped the hooks around side bars.

After that only about 3 plugs are connected and 4 large cables are connected your ready to charge.
20hours.

The bms modules has a application to down load from a QR code

. Once it’s downloaded you sync Bluetooth to your phone. There is a syncing button that comes out of the bms. Then you can see the state of the battery charge and discharge.

Driving so far. The acceleration is incredible. It’s approximately 300 lb lighter. I’ve driven about 40 miles so far. Just a Quick calculation, the range should be between 70 to 80 miles between charges.

2 Likes

Congrats on your New Batteries and your Install. Cool to see some new batteries (Mach-E) in some Gems.

1 Like

You are going to love this setup. Your range should be 60-70 miles depending on speed. Remember to keep tire pressure at 35psi. Shipped you another voltage adjuster, want to get your shut off voltage a little higher.

1 Like

Seems like it’s getting faster the more I use the cart. The outside temp is increasing might help. Love the range.
Thanks for the help
Ron