Duracell batteries?

Has anyone had any experience with this battery?
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/33840-SLI31MDC-Duracell-Ultra-Battery/100079-1/108182-Marine-and-Boat-Batteries/108186-Deep-Cycle/BCI-Group-31M.aspx

Marine batteries? No thanks. IMO not up to the task in a GEM.

Yeah, the Duracell’s where what’s in it when I got it, after reading some other post here I decided to go with the Trojan T1275. just picked them up this morning. paid $154ea hope that was a good price.

$157/ea for Trojan T1275 is a [B]VERY[/B] good price. I paid nearly $200/ea for Trojan 30XSH which are a step down from the T1275s. You [U]might[/U] need to get a heftier on-board charger though. The T1275 are “stronger” than the batteries in the GEM for which the charger was designed and really need a more “robust” charger in my opinion. That’s the reason I didn’t go with them when I replaced my last set of batteries (well that and the additional cost and the physical size).

Al

[quote=ARandall;21814]$157/ea for Trojan T1275 is a [B]VERY[/B] good price. I paid nearly $200/ea for Trojan 30XSH which are a step down from the T1275s. You [U]might[/U] need to get a heftier on-board charger though. The T1275 are “stronger” than the batteries in the GEM for which the charger was designed and really need a more “robust” charger in my opinion. That’s the reason I didn’t go with them when I replaced my last set of batteries (well that and the additional cost and the physical size).

Al[/quote]

Hey Al,
yeah, I’ve been looking at “ride-4-fun” web site.
looks like I’ll be dropping about $2000 on a new motor, super II controller, and super charger.
The claim 4o-42mph with this set up. This is going to be my only means of transportation so I’ll need all the performance I can get! :smiley: