Dissertation help

hello everyone,
my name is pranay, im studying renewable energy in UK and im currently doing my 3yr dissertation on "the effects of user behavior on the environmental and economic impact of electric vehicles"
i was wondering if you all can help me with understanding certain aspects of driving and using an electric vehicle. if you could kindly let me know about the factors such as
range anxiety,
your perception on EV’s,
is it cheaper to drive an EV or a petro/disel fuel car
what are limitation faced by EV drivers
why you chose to have a EV
your driving styles and patterns, charging regimes
why do you think EV’s came to existence
and what do you all really think about EVs on the streets
i would kindly appreciate if you could take some time in answering my questions if would be very helpful towards my research and dissertation.

Kind Regards

Please do not post the same message in multiple forum catagories.

hey
sorry about that. I just wanted reply that’s all. do you know who I can contact regarding my issue please.

kind regards

I can give opinions based on my experience and what I feel the future might bring. For myself My EV (GEM NEV) is a toy. In my opinion Electric Cars , in the main, are purchased by people that tend to be a little different than average. Many are “Greenies” while others are enamored by the technology. IMHO as long as there is cheap fuel there is no justification to own an electric car, In the UK there may be more justification due to the price of fuel in your country.

range anxiety, - If you buy an electric car it’s better if you live in flat country, Hills eat range in a hurry. If you really want electric my feeling is Hybrids are the only way to go.

your perception on EV’s, - answered above

is it cheaper to drive an EV or a petrol/diesel fuel car - fuel cost per mile/km, if pure electric. it can be cheaper.

what are limitation faced by EV drivers - range, first cost, depreciation

why you chose to have a EV - My EV is a toy. My primary vehicle is a Chevrolet Avalanche.

your driving styles and patterns, charging regimes - Charging an electric car takes 8 hours and gives you +/- 100 miles. You are tied to a charging point and have to plug in regularly. You can fuel a petrol car in 10 minutes and have a range of 350+ miles. 1 petrol pump can provide energy for 50 cars in the same time it takes to charge 1 electric car. What if all cars were electric? Blows your mind doesn’t it.

why do you think EV’s came to existence - The earliest cars were electric. They lost out to petrol cars because of convenience. IMHO nothings changed. We can’t afford the infrastructure to support a large compliment of electric cars. I think that long term you might see commercial vehicles that serve limited geographic areas, taxis, etc. But in my lifetime and yours they will only be a minor percentage of the overall picture.

and what do you all really think about EV’s on the streets - As long as they don’t impede traffic what’s to think about?

Rodney