Display want light up

Seems odd to ask but how are you measuring the voltages? Black/Comm test lead to where and Red/Volts/Ohm test lead to where? Seriously, we’ve had so many not know how to use a DMM and it can be tricky knowing where to measure the 12V voltages and where to measure the 72V voltages.

1 Like

Ok.
Now- if you jump that Org/Gray wire and the Green wire with a short piece of wire or a paperclip(leave them on the relay) the dash should wake up and you might hear the main relay go CLACK. Don’t be surprised if it does.
(Confirm Y/N?)

1 Like

Good point. In my instructions above I specifically called out ChassGnd as a reference in this case. Hopefully, Hans picked up on it.

2 Likes

1 Like

I hope this is the answer

I checked the key and I have 12v there

No relay klick

I checked the key and I have 12v there

Now you are jumping ahead, but OK.
You have 12v at the key,
But going in and out?
Not across both wires, but one side (ref ChassGnd) then the other side of key (ref ChassGnd) with KeyON?

Ok this way is you mean

Yes- Jumped like that. Is Display ON?
Car should maybe show -04 or 0?

Yes -04 on the display

Drop brake. Relay goes Clack. Switch to Fwd/Rev.
Car should go- Yes?

Parking brak dropped 0 on the display big relay jumper in drive aktiviert fw code 095

Lost me with this.
The 095 might be a Batt % number. It toggles between speed and Batt.

But does car try and go?

1 Like

Ok I schot off the battery and on I have a small sound on the drive engine no drive ok I think it’s the voltage the code no minus on the front

Wow- My universal translator decoded that into

• I cycled the battery off and on.
  • When trying to go there is a small sound from the motor but it does not move.
  • confirmed- the 90 number is the Battery% since it does not have a dash in front.

Believe it or not, this is progress.

Next- Remove that alligator clip jumper from the relay.

Go back to your key switch and verify-
You have 12v at the key,

Not just across both wires, That won’t work.
But probe on one wire (ref ChassGnd)
then move it to the other wire at key (ref ChassGnd) with KeyON?

Is there power going in and out?