Delta q 72 volt charger

That is incredibly little information.
More information - several of deep knowledge about them but can to nothing with what you provided.

1 Like

My original zivan charger burned out, so I bought a Delta q 72 volt charger I connected like the directions says the algorithms number is 71 for USA battery’s 12volts flooded. I connected to the disconnect switch red wire to positive, and black wire to the negative side of the switch, theirs a green wire not connected at all. I this info could help.
Thank You

What is the error code when plugged in?
Black wire goes to B-.

Continuing the discussion from Delta q 72 volt charger: The error codes is low battery voltage but they are fully charge, and there are new USA deep cycle. According to the instructions the algorithm should be 71 I set to that number but it blinks red 2 times.

You will need to check voltage at the charger red and black wires to make sure the power switch is on.

What switch, the main disconnect does not have a neg and a positive, only positive, depending on the year of car.

1 Like

Tagging up on this post. Quick note, I bought a Frankenstein 05’ from a dealer in much need of some TLC. The dealer mentioned that the GEM was running when it came in, but needed new batteries to determine what else was wrong…sure…Among other things needed was a charger. I Spoke w/LithiumGods and snagged a set of Bolt Batteries and also had the newly procured DeltaQ programmed.

Here’s the dilemma, the DeltaQ I purchased was model 912-7254 which comes with different leads (Anderson and a 8-pin Deutsch) than the 7200. Since I don’t have a reference of how the GEM was originally configured, I don’t know how to re-wire the connections and where they would go.

Also, I have a Chargery 24S en-route and will need to figure out how that ties into the charging circuit.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Please guys and girls, do a little searching on your own before posting.
The answers to these questions have been answered many many times on this board.
The search is not perfect but at least attempt to educate yourself, then if you have question there are many that can and will help you.

The green plug goes to battery.
Neg usually B- on controller.
Pos anywhere you can find a B+ heavy wire. Normally connected to the load side of main power switch.

The rest is easy. Pin #1 and Pin #2 get jumpered for lithium charger. That’s it.
DQ God :slight_smile:

@LithiumGods print these out and stick a copy in the box. Oh sorry, he didn’t buy from you?

Thanks Dave . I had Eric order directly , I was out . His original charger wiring was missing and he didn’t know where to connect . I’m traveling today but will post the part numbers on the
anderson connectors from where i buy them . Dave which wire on the DQ activates the interlock ?

P1 and P2 (B-)
Without bms control I use a short piece of solid 18awg wire. Push it in and tape it. Not worth the trouble buying connector for two pins.

P8 (not used) is actually B+ from the interlock. (green wire on Gem chargers) Do not short it to anything.
P1 is white on Gem chargers.

Thanks gents! I’ll start working this ASAP!

INWO, to confirm, pin 1 & 2 get jumped on the connector if not using BMS. When using BMS, will the jumper remain on the charger connector since the BMS will have its own temp sense? Also, I have a dark green wire hanging down from the PSDM J1 connector cable. The wiring diagram indicates that this used to go to the charger/interlock. Are you saying that dark green wire is no longer needed with the lithium profile on the DQ? If so, that’s pretty damn simple. I suppose my biggest hangup behind my “new” adventure is understanding the logic of how/why each component works together. Thanks!

The green wire needs power for gem to run.
If you connect it to p8 the car will not run when connected to a.c… interlocked.
No jumper if controlling charger from bms. The bms24 connects p1 to B- to allow charging.

@EAT reference this post/thread when you are ready to connect the Chargery BMS to the Delta-Q.

I think the v3+ versions of the chargery bms send 12v down the wire vs battery voltage so you may not need the resistors etc. Confirm w @Inwo.

Eric . You wont need to use wire #1 . Your charger will work with out it . And the ANT BMS fully disconnects battery if it senses over charge . It works completely different from A chargery

Still need it jumpered, correct?

This particular profile does not require it .

Works the same as 60v output bms, but may need a modified interface if led is not bright enough to enable charger.

(For Chargery only)