Daves Remote Display BMS

Here are some pictures of my BMS that Dave made adaptors for that allows you install the BMS next to the battery and then remote or move the display where you can see it. It uses Cat 5 to transfer the data from the BMS up to the factory display.

2 Likes

I went with 12 foot Cat 5, but depending on where you mount the BMS and how far the display is away you can purchase shorter or longer Cat 5 cables.

1 Like

Is this mod read to sell, or just a photo type?

David sells the BMS units complete like you see in my pics

1 Like

So nothing very exciting here this is the Brain of the BMS mounted on the rear pannel of the GEM (behind the rear seat)

Thins the the Flat Cat6 running threw the cars hole in the frame for the rear brake.

Here it is on the dash

2 Likes

Here is a link to a Video of the Omni Remote BMS in action.

1 Like

Thank you. Your check is in the mail. :slight_smile:

If I get more boards, is it better to have one board with straight RJ-45 connectors and one 90 degree?
Both boards would then mount flat with cat 5 straight out the back of display end.
Only have one bms left, so it may not be financially feasible to build more.

Thank you, sir.

craig

Man I have to say that looks really really clean. Great job on the set up.

Are your bms wires long enough?
I may walk back the suggestion to send me bms only.
I have 3’ leads that I could substitute.
So if you send the whole bms. New in box, I can make substitutions for you before sending modified one.

By the way, any warranty you may have had is out the window. This is not an approved modification. :slight_smile:

The BMS wires don’t look very long to me. I’ve only looked at it 2-4 times
maybe 18-20 inches . Maybe!! Let me have the wife send me a pic

See if they are. No sense splicing them.

With some input from Dave I finally got the BMS wired, but I’m not 100% done. I still need to clean up the wires and decide where to mount the BMS. I also need to wire it to the charger , but I t’s nice to be able to see all the cells.

/

The Starting Daves Remote kit #2 the first one worked out great so I’m gonna put one in my other Gem.

Display finished now on to the BMS

Finished