BMS for my 3 Chevy Volt battery setup

We last chatted in PM about my 3 battery setup and the BMS wiring. I’d like to indeed buy the harness from you, (I think you called them balance leads) as well as the BMS. If you still have some of those used ones I’m up for that. I also want a BMS trim panel if you still have any of those laying about for sale.
Tally it all up and I can send you some cash early next week.

If they say 90, I’m sure that’s it.
Troy is running an alltrax in his Gem.
Seems a half measure. If you want to rewire go AC. Troy should know soon if it’s possible.

The bms will work on any number cells up to 24.

The used bms was the chargery. No remote display.
Need a picture or drawing of 3 batteries.
You used a bt bms before? 300a or 70a?

Okey doke. Yeah, remote display is important to me.

Nope, I have never used a bt bms, or even a bms for that matter.
This is the diagram I sent last time, is this what you need or am I missing the boat?

The only addendum to this is I will probably do the trick Ryan380golf did way back in the day with adding a battery connector to the end of two battery packs to bring the voltage to 88 unless you tell me otherwise…

That makes perfect sense. 3 batteries is what threw me.
My standard harness only makes sense if you have plans to add another set in parallel.
You have the original orange balance leads?
I like the BT bms with LCD display. It is may be best to not run the load through bms. Only the charger. Then 70a is fine.
The LCD connects with 6 wires to bms board. If you can solder, I have adaptors to rj45 cat 5 cables. Else just splice wires to extend them.
Bms comes with 1 meter leads. They can be spliced to the orange wires by cutting the plug off.

If not a diy’er, I can do the work at a fee.
Dave

You have the original orange balance leads?

Negative

The LCD connects with 6 wires to bms board. If you can solder, I have adaptors to rj45 cat 5 cables. Else just splice wires to extend them.

The adapters seem like the best plan of action, in case a cable goes bad it an off the shelf fix. I can and have no problems with soldering.

Bms comes with 1 meter leads. They can be spliced to the orange wires by cutting the plug off.

It looks like a lot of what you are suggesting was what was done in this thread?

If so I’ll read up on it so I knwo what I am geting myself into.

As you don’t have the original balance leads, one way is to just wire bms leads to battery tabs as in your picture.

Let me see what I have for boards that fit your 6s and 12s modules.

I don’t know why I had it stuck in my head I didn’t have these. I went out and checked my “parts I took off the GEM ages ago” box and low and behold. Balance leads.

Aha, then will any of this work?

You can just cut off and splice typical balance leads wire to wire.

Sure, that seems doable. My only main concern is knowing what order to solder the wires to the pcb.

How much more will it cost to have it come to me plug-in-play?

You need to wire one at a time as you measure voltages.
0v-4v-8v-12v, etc.
Too time consuming for me to do. In any case, you need to understand the connections. Even tested, plugging incorrectly will smoke bms.
Here is another board that I make for remote wiring lcd. I just sent one to Michael.
Can I make all this information public?

Bms wires.

I agree, freel free to make it public. I’m going to trim out the Alltrax conversation though.

I feel like solid guides or how-tos are far and few between on this process. I’ll try my best to document each step with a pic and try to make a tutorial.
Strap in for a lot of dumb questions from me in the near future.

Let me know how much to Paypal you and I will get it out today.