Dave’s 220v Gen car Charger J1772 Ready

You could change charge profiles.
The charger has Deep Cycle and Gell Battery profiles on it as well as Lithium Charge profiles

2 Likes

Coming soon to a Gem near you. Or maybe far away. But soon I hope.
@grantwest
29 amp charge rate. How could you not want one?

Can I also charge my Tesla with it ?

Yes it’s True: I’m hooking up my J1772 charger right now got the Wire Ran. Now just need to install the Breaker in the panel.

Not another 6 months I hope.:sunglasses:
I can accept live video from your phone on my Nest now. Michael showed me how Sunday.

I’m gonna mount the Charger on top of the battery. So I’m gonna build a tray that the charger sits in. I’m gonna have to run some wires and move things around

Why does everyone’s work look so nice and mine looks like SH**???
Mine works great but I don’t have the patients to make it look pretty. I get so excited to use it that the pretty part goes by the wayside.
I hand it to you @grantwest, @LithiumGods, and @RS_E6 you guys make stuff look good.

Can I fit that charger in here somewhere??? LOL

1 Like

My eyes, my eyes. Look away. :slight_smile:

I hope you tried it first. Dang it Grant, you really put me on the spot. :slight_smile:

Dave,
Were you ever able to bump this to 98/100v?

@LithiumGods -
Don’t think we can charge our Tesla’s as the voltage is just a little higher. LOL

Actually I did. I haven’t found a way to limit it to 2.5kw though. It may not last at 2.9kw output.
If I ever get back into it, maybe. The J1772 can limit the current with pwm. So running it on 120v might work, but then it may be starved for voltage. All trial and error if there is no service information.

ps.
Grant can test his on 120v. Should limit to 15amps by my math.

ps ps
If Grant ever plugs the dang thing in. :slight_smile:

Here is the plastic box that the charger sits in
It mounts to the battery

Dave Truth be told I don’t think you have Ever sent me one thing to “Test out” that didn’t end up working out. So I don’t mind investing in installing it the right way and then move forward from that point. “If” for what ever reason it’s not 100% @ first we always end up figuring out most of the time it’s just my fault and I don’t have something hooked up right;) but we get it nailed down.

Have you tested one of these chargers or is this the first one. I think you sent me this charger 1-1/2 ago! LOL LOL

I tested that one. Always the pessimist though.

Looks like sintra? I was going to suggest it to use for the box.

@grantwest get back to work! :sleeping:

Ok so Decided I want to mount the J1172 plug in the Factory plug location. I’m gonna need to rewire the J1172 plug so it can run the length of the car back to the charger. I will re-use the Anderson plugs at the rear of the car so you can remove the charger if needed.

Any ideas on what wire gauge I should run for the J1772 back to the charger