Converter "partial failure"

For those that have been of the belief that the converters either work or don’t work I am sad to say I have one that falls in between. I think it has either lost a capacitor or is losing a transistor etc. I started to have the symptoms that would lead me to believe it was the ignition switch because the cart would randomly shut off but after investigating I realized I was also losing the always on 12v. After applying more than a couple of amps load to the converter it will cycle on/off. Just thought I would post in case anyone is thinking they have a bad switch and replaced it to have the same symptoms, you might check your constant 12V feed to see if it is dropping out.

Hmmm

Hint on intermittent failures Get a can of DoxIt and unplug and spray every plug connection in the cart several times. This clears up many sometimes malfunctions.

Rodney

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;29985]Hmmm

Hint on intermittent failures Get a can of DoxIt and unplug and spray every plug connection in the cart several times. This clears up many sometimes malfunctions.

Rodney[/quote]

I ended up cutting the harness at the converter to eliminate any wire/board issues (I was installing my own distribution block anyhow) and yes I love that stuff…