Chevy Volt Battery Breakdown - Tips, tricks?

Art is who I work with at GeenTech - great guy. They are local here in KC so I can just drive 15 min and pick up my packs. Easy Peasy.
Looking at the battery specs from the site, these are 18v Nominal batteries and 21v max charge. Depending on what you are looking for two 18v (5 cell) would give you 42 volts. Perfect for the stock controller. I think 64ah would be fine in that car.

But going Dave’s way might be fun also - those PMAC have a ton of torque, If you go AC 80v controller you are going to need a little more battery than listed above.

That’s awesome you have a local place to source from! I’m going to go with the 2 18v packs and see how that does with the stock controller and motor. Think if I can drop the weight and lessen the sag, that will be good enough to get it sold.

Any idea which DeltaQ and charging profile I’d need? Do you or Dave sell these? BMS recommendation?

I’m still intrigued to try Dave’s setup. Golf carts are a dime a dozen around SoCal. I might pick one up just to try out the PMAC motor. Would be fun to have sleeper stock looking cart… that can do burn outs! I gotta get the black golf cart sold and another project done, then I can mess with that. If you’re looking to unload the motor, I’d take it… or I can just circle back when I’m actually getting serious about doing something like this.

I don’t know if DQ has a profile for ~42v? @Inwo would know.
My buddy used one like this and just put his stock charge handle on it so he could use the factory charge port. It’s not fast but it works fine.

That charger should do the trick. As long as I can say it will charge it overnight, should be good. Let me place some orders. I’ll let you know how I make out

Got the fiat batteries and did a temporary install to see how the performance would be. I’d say it was definitely an improvement overall, but I’m not sure the hill climbing is good enough. If it were being run around on the flats, I’d say it would be fine. Other issue I’m running into is with the lost weight, the car bounces like I’m driving on a washboard. Going to try to replace the shocks… who knows how old those are. Maybe original.

Since I have a bunch of extra Volt and Fiat batteries laying around, thinking I just go all in and convert to AC. @MikeKC you game to help me with configuring a controller? I’m down to be a PMAC guinea pig if you want a tester. Or the 8kw / 18s volt setup sounds nice.

My biggest worry is converting all the wiring… which I’m guessing isn’t all that tricky once I get into it.

Is this cart a 19 spline motor?

Yup - 19 spline motor

Motor is being drop shipped. Last one. Someone in Norway beat me to them. New motors are $500 with moq 24 pcs.
Mike has one and I have two. That’s it.
On the hunt again.

If we can still get 6:1 gears that Rodney can put in classic gear boxes this could be a good solution for 16’ GEMS…Now that we have a working solution for 10:35 gears and classic gearboxes on 16’ cars.
@Inwo

I have the gearbox available, but this would be a big project. Possibly requiring my 10kw pmac.

Yes, it would take the big PMAC! But it would fit in the car without any issues.