Charger?

Ok I have a 2009es with the yellow and black charger. Not sure who makes it…anyway the questions I have are…its plugged in and there are no lights on the charger…I checked the plug and its getting 120+ volts on my display tbere are also no lights…when I turn on the key I am missing 2 bars and was going to top off the batteries. .all batterys are new …I have checked all fuses on the dash…does the charger have its own fuse …does the charger only charge when the batteries get to a lower charge…where do I start…

i have checked the power going to the charger and its hot…

well looks like i may have found the problem…

this is the inside of the Delta Q charger…

What would have caused this …that way when i get it fixed i wont do it again…:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Made in China, we get what we paid for. The word on the other forums is that shops just throw them away when there is a failure. Ours have been replaced with Quick Charge SCO7210. Flight Systems Industrial Products will repair these.
Remanufactured Battery Chargers - DPI, Yamaha, Delta Q, Quiq, Zivan, Signet

Daniel

Ok so what is the cost to buy a rebuild one…do u have any thought on the ride for fun super charger

[QUOTE=nosgsxr;15527]Ok so what is the cost to buy a rebuild one…do u have any thought on the ride for fun super charger[/QUOTE]

The Ride 4 Fun charger is a relabeled Quick Charge SCO7210 sold at a higher price. There is a GEM dealer part number for a remanufactured Delta-Q: 0606-00678. At last check, Delta-Q was not accepting chargers for rebuild. This could have changed since the Polaris takeover.

Daniel

So where is the best place to buy a replacement charger …ha ha I need it here by this weekend…so it will need to be I stock…what yall think. .will it happen

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;15528]The Ride 4 Fun charger is a relabeled Quick Charge SCO7210 sold at a higher price. There is a GEM dealer part number for a remanufactured Delta-Q: 0606-00678. At last check, Delta-Q was not accepting chargers for rebuild. This could have changed since the Polaris takeover.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Daniel…is there a way I can call u or u call me about the above charger…I have a question that u can prob answer

Ok, got the new charger in and installed …its charging now and said my batteries were at about 80% to start. I was able to mount the charger inside the dash and out of sight. It was kinda easy, but had to fab up a mount for the new charger to sit on. I will post pics soon.

ok when i hooked up the charger it started charging and said the pack was at 80%…this morning i went back out and found the “CC” on the charger which means complete charge…the LCD on the dash was showing all but too bars…this morning the LCD now only shows one red bar…the batteries all tested on a meter at 12.5 or better and all batteries are only two weeks old…not sure if anyone had done this yet on a 2009 Es but i was told to leave the old delta Q in because some of the LCD stuff runs through it…i will test the cart tonight and see how the battery’s do…Has anyone done this swap with the supercharger…

I assume you are posting because there is something still wrong with the GEM. Your message is confusing to read. Do the two “this morning” entries refer to two different days? One red bar means a very discharged battery. Did this happen without even driving the GEM? The batteries should read 12.6 at room temperature sitting an hour after the charger finished. Is there a current draw (an electrical load that is staying on all the time)?

Daniel

Ok here is what happened…put new charger in last night …on the display I had all but to bars to full…the new charger went to 80% and started charging…this morning when I came out and checked on it the new charger was reading CC or full charge…when I turned on the key the display only had one red bar showing…so I checked the batteries with a meter and they all read 12.5 or more…so I drove the car down the road and it was like a rocket…so this leads me to beleave the batteries arre charged…I havenot moved the car over night…I think the delta q and the super charger cant get along…I have a battsix that just arrived today so Iim going to hook it up and see where the pack is and what is going in…I fill like the pack is at full charg