Changed to gel batteries

I have asked this before and I guess no one knows if the setting isn’t right on the charger if the cart will still run with gel batteries , but just not hold a charge , and how to check??

Delta Q set to 14

Zivan set to G

I just wondered if it would still run if it wasn’t set right for the gel batteries , I have new ones , but have to plug it in about every 3 miles

Set to “G”? Thought gel was “C”.

Should run fine short term. Something seems wrong with the batteries or installation.

Yes it will but only 3 miles indicates you have 1 or more dead batteries.

In a message dated 12/9/2018 11:52:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

greeneyedladi
December 10
I just wondered if it would still run if it wasn’t set right for the gel batteries , I have new ones , but have to plug it in about every 3 miles

Ok my bad

In a message dated 12/10/2018 11:10:42 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

chris1
December 10
Set to “G”? Thought gel was “C”.

With my Zivan problems, I was wondering if there was another gel setting.

Only 1 setting for gel on Zivan chargers.

In a message dated 12/10/2018 11:42:28 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

chris1
December 10
With my Zivan problems, I was wondering if there was another gel setting.

Thank you so much … I will get them checked as they are suppose to be new … so it will run if it’s on the wrong setting for the gel batteries ??

In a message dated 12/10/2018 8:36:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Yes, it will run. Charger needs to be on gel setting or you will ruin the GEL’s

How can you tell unless you take the charger apart they said they had just put new gels in when I purchased it …

In a message dated 12/10/2018 6:37:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

On Zivan look thru the little notch on the selector notch. On DQ count the flashes when you plug in the charger.

In a message dated 12/10/2018 10:49:03 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

greeneyedladi
December 11
How can you tell unless you take the charger apart they said they had just put new gels in when I purchased it …

In a message dated 12/10/2018 6:37:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Does the top of your charger have a tab like this?

If so pull it off and set the dial to “C”. If you don’t have this send it to zivan to be updated.

When I plug in the charger it just continually flashes really fast … I finally have someone coming to look at it tomorrow I shouldn’t have waited so long … .but I’m blonde you see … ;-))

In a message dated 12/11/2018 9:46:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

I just had a repairman come out and said my charger is a Scotsman and has no switches to change for different types of batteries … I think he said it is a low charge which is good for gel batteries ?? Said mine are holding at 11 with a load ??

In a message dated 12/11/2018 10:58:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes: