Brushless etek bike

Hey everyone just registered here,

ive been making a brushless etek powered pocket bike to take to my local race meets that is more or less complete.

however i did the dumbest thing imaginable and dropped a nut into the motor now its locked up :mad:

it seems like im the only person in the world to be using a brushless etek judging by the amount of info on the net, so its a long shot but does anyone know how to disassemble the motor?

ive gotten all the bolts and all the circlips out but its still solidly assembled :frowning:

will put some pics up later if anyone wants them.

cheers!
Glen

if you could post pics it would be easier to see how to disassemble.

[QUOTE=Hyzer;1989]

it seems like im the only person in the world to be using a brushless etek judging by the amount of info on the net, so its a long shot but does anyone know how to disassemble the motor?
[/QUOTE]

Well, Glen, you are not the only one to use a “brushless Etek”, which is probably more properly called a Mars PMSM ME0201013001 (or some other shaft variant, which would have a slightly different model number). And yes, there are people who know how to disassemble the Mars PMSM. However, the bad news is that one of those people (John Fiorenza, who runs Mars Electric LLC) has told me that it takes a special fixture / bench to take one apart. Those magnets hold the motor together, and they are strong.

But hope is not lost. Have you carefully inspected the motor? The magnets (rotor) is where the nut would have gone. If you could see it, perhaps you could extract it with a set of hemostats or some other device, through either a front-side ventilation slot, or by removing the fan and taking it out the back side.

Good luck,

Willie

You are not alone. Here is my Conversion http://www.evalbum.com/1511

A Suzuki SP 200 running on 75 volts of Lithium.

John has been very helpful to me. I have no idea how to get your nut out without disasembling. Drop him an email or call him, great guy!