Brammo Enertia Bike

This is a sweet Enertia bike designed and built by Oregon based company brammo motorsports. This bike is really versitle with a pretty good range. They said 80% charge in 2 hrs so if you work longer than that before lunch you can plug in and make it to your favorite hangout or home. It does seem a little expensive for the average ev enthusiast. But its cool.

“The Enertia’s driving of 45 miles significantly exceeds the average daily commute for the average U.S. consumer of 29 miles. Battery charge time is 3 hours to full re-charge”

Msn did a full story on it at http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4024869 with video.

I think this might be a trend in electric vehicles. They are taking orders here is there pricing via MSN story.

[B]They are Taking Orders[/B]
Brammo has just begun taking online orders in the U.S. for a limited edition “Carbon” model ($14,995), set for delivery in the first quarter of 2008. You can also reserve the standard model ($11,995) which is expected to reach full-scale production by the third quarter of next year. Figure less than $300 for delivery to your door. Check out www.enertiabike.com for more details.

I got the e-mail about this the other day too, i’ve been REALLY thinking about it… but if i did do it i wouldn’t till next spring so that i could maximize my driving time, seeing as chicago only has a good few months of usable bike riding time.

[QUOTE=FEUS;475]I got the e-mail about this the other day too, i’ve been REALLY thinking about it… but if i did do it i wouldn’t till next spring so that i could maximize my driving time, seeing as chicago only has a good few months of usable bike riding time.[/QUOTE]

What a wuss!!! Nice excuse to use the Hummer 'till then… :wink:
I’d love to get one of those, but 50 mph max speed would keep me off the freeway thus making my 30 minute commute more like an hour.

Cheers

[QUOTE=inSANe DIEGO;477]What a wuss!!! Nice excuse to use the Hummer 'till then… :wink:
I’d love to get one of those, but 50 mph max speed would keep me off the freeway thus making my 30 minute commute more like an hour.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

well in the last 2 days we’ve had hurricane like weather out here and i was soaked running from my car to my garage to open it. (need to fix that opener lol)

but yea, i dont have a gas hog… even if i did it wouldn’t matter… its 2.2 miles to and from work every day. right now i drive an infiniti G20 that has a 2.0L motor. it gets about 28-30mpg roughly… nothing amazing but enough to get me there and back for the time being.

chicago has pretty speratic weather patterns so it makes it hard to plan for the day being sunny all day, or pooring rain, or what ever…

[QUOTE=FEUS;478]well in the last 2 days we’ve had hurricane like weather out here and i was soaked running from my car to my garage to open it. (need to fix that opener lol)

but yea, i dont have a gas hog… even if i did it wouldn’t matter… its 2.2 miles to and from work every day. right now i drive an infiniti G20 that has a 2.0L motor. it gets about 28-30mpg roughly… nothing amazing but enough to get me there and back for the time being.

chicago has pretty speratic weather patterns so it makes it hard to plan for the day being sunny all day, or pooring rain, or what ever…[/QUOTE]

2.2 miles?!?!?!?!?! Boy when I was your age I walked 10x that distance in freezing rain along side a freeway with speeding semis whose drivers were amped up on speed. UPHILL BOTH WAYS!! :wink: Haha. Yeah, I remember when I lived in beautiful :rolleyes: Arkansas for 7 years. I couldn’t plan anything that involved outdoor activity, but for 2 weeks CUMMULATIVELY a year.

Needless to say, I’m glad I’m back insane diego! Now if the knees would get better and illegals would stop running over cyclists, I could start bike commuting the 20 miles each way to work again. Actually, I’ve never pedaled the 20 miles each way. It was only 14 each way where I used to live. And… there has only been one illegal (AFAIK) that ran over a marine where I’d have to ride now.

Man…If I lived 2 miles from work I’d ride all the time! I’d get gas like every other month or so.

[QUOTE=inSANe DIEGO;479]2.2 miles?!?!?!?!?! Boy when I was your age I walked 10x that distance in freezing rain along side a freeway with speeding semis whose drivers were amped up on speed. UPHILL BOTH WAYS!! :wink: Haha. Yeah, I remember when I lived in beautiful :rolleyes: Arkansas for 7 years. I couldn’t plan anything that involved outdoor activity, but for 2 weeks CUMMULATIVELY a year.

Needless to say, I’m glad I’m back insane diego! Now if the knees would get better and illegals would stop running over cyclists, I could start bike commuting the 20 miles each way to work again. Actually, I’ve never pedaled the 20 miles each way. It was only 14 each way where I used to live. And… there has only been one illegal (AFAIK) that ran over a marine where I’d have to ride now.

Man…If I lived 2 miles from work I’d ride all the time! I’d get gas like every other month or so.[/QUOTE]

i’d ride my bike, but the roads i have to go on are very busy with semi’s and i’d rather not take the chanse with something like a Mtn. Bike. but if i was on the road i wouldn’t worry about the motor cycle because there are a good mix of other bikes and cars too…

I talked to the guys at Brammo they are working on a bike that will go at lease 65 for freeway travel and a longer overall range. They also said that the bike can be tuned to be between 13 and 20 hp. So if they can tweek it to do 50 why not tweek it to do 65mph. I think they could make the bike go much faster but want to get some testing and real consumer feedback before the full version. Though that is my opinion and not that of the manufacturer. I am going to talk to them more and maybe go their to maybe do a test ride or interview.

[QUOTE=Adam;487]I talked to the guys at Brammo they are working on a bike that will go at lease 65 for freeway travel and a longer overall range. They also said that the bike can be tuned to be between 13 and 20 hp. So if they can tweek it to do 50 why not tweek it to do 65mph. I think they could make the bike go much faster but want to get some testing and real consumer feedback before the full version. Though that is my opinion and not that of the manufacturer. I am going to talk to them more and maybe go their to maybe do a test ride or interview.[/QUOTE]

From the sound of it it sounds mostly like the motors max output… it would seem like they would need either a bit bigger motor to keep up with consistant speeds like that. As soon as i can afford to pick up a decent motor, i’ll be taking it appart and “tweaking” it to maximize its output. there are some basic things off the top of my head i could think of to get more performance out of them with out adding weight or anything, but i have to test some theories first. Otherwise though, i wish they had a dealership out here in chicago that would allow you to test drive one of these… i would love to just see how it feels driving wise and all.

Ya it sounds like it might be maxed but the way he phrased it on the phone it seemed like there was some room to boost power. I would also like to know if the Enertia Electric bike phase one will be able to be upgraded instead of having to buy a new bike if they do come out with a 65-70 mph electric bike. That would be ideal.

[QUOTE=Adam;496]Ya it sounds like it might be maxed but the way he phrased it on the phone it seemed like there was some room to boost power. I would also like to know if the Enertia Electric bike phase one will be able to be upgraded instead of having to buy a new bike if they do come out with a 65-70 mph electric bike. That would be ideal.[/QUOTE]

i dont see why not seeing as they allow stuff like that with their ariel atom (same company)

and as for the motor… i would immatine that about 70mph would be topping it out but with the parameters they have set… yea…

i would immagine that with the software they give you to adjust the performance of it it would allow some tweaking of that…

The Gravity powered engine used on a plane, this concept is absolutely brilliant!:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPbu5UeW4uk[/ame]

$11,995 !! WHAT?! Did I miss something here? Is that for 10pcs? :smiley: I think I’ll pass.

He explains that compressed air will power pnumatic motors to compress air. -duh- um… Laws of physics just went out the window with that statement.

[QUOTE=DeLorean_4;805]The Gravity powered engine used on a plane, this concept is absolutely brilliant!:

He explains that compressed air will power pnumatic motors to compress air. -duh- um… Laws of physics just went out the window with that statement.