Better batteries to come!

The military is working on a new Super Soldier suit that allows a soldier to be 20 times stronger. Some of the uses cited are unloading ammo in a hurry or perhaps repairing tanks in the field (Hey, hold that up there so I can fix this tread… OK that’s got it, set it down and let’s go!). They say they’ve got the computer controls pretty much in place, and right now when hooked to a ground source power supply the suit works perfectly, even allowing the wearer to bench press 200lbs, 500 reps in one go. But, when on batteries the suit is only good for 30 minutes.

Now we all know that this is something the military’s going to want, and there’s a whole host of civilian uses for such a suit. With military funding, I figure battery/fuel cell research is about to go through the roof.

And EV drivers can only benefit from this.

There are several companies here in the United States directly involved in the development of super batteries for EVs. If their claims become reality, this will revolutionize the EV industry.

One such company is Eestor of Texas. Eestor is working with Lockheed for Department of Defense battery applications, and with the Zenn Motor Company for EV battery applications. The batteries being developed by Eestor/Zenn are referred to as Ultracapacitance batteries. They, according to Zenn, are expected to have a 5 minute recharge time, a range in the hundreds of miles, a significant weight reduction, and unaffected by cold weather.

Exciting times are ahead! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Telco;2715]The military is working on a new Super Soldier suit that allows a soldier to be 20 times stronger. Some of the uses cited are unloading ammo in a hurry or perhaps repairing tanks in the field (Hey, hold that up there so I can fix this tread… OK that’s got it, set it down and let’s go!). They say they’ve got the computer controls pretty much in place, and right now when hooked to a ground source power supply the suit works perfectly, even allowing the wearer to bench press 200lbs, 500 reps in one go. But, when on batteries the suit is only good for 30 minutes.

Now we all know that this is something the military’s going to want, and there’s a whole host of civilian uses for such a suit. With military funding, I figure battery/fuel cell research is about to go through the roof.

And EV drivers can only benefit from this.[/QUOTE]

Hey!
That was good news?

its has to be come for the better performance

it has to be arrived[Performance Parts Online]([Performance Parts Online](http://www.incarparts.com))

Maybe that is why EESTOR quietly went quite - Military contracts can make that appear to happen, too!

Also - when comparing batteries - it is good to have a relevant equal to compare with.

For Example - the Lead Acid Battery has generally been quoted on it’s energy storage at very low power loads - 1/20th of the spec on the label, or in other words - a 100 Ah Lead Acid (PbA) Battery, when run for 20 hours at 5 Amps = 100 Ah (Amp Hours) worth of energy, but when fully discharged in 1 hour - it can only discharge some 30 Ah worth of energy!

When simply comparing this one to a Lithium Iron Phosphate system for an Electric Car - one only needs to be able to deliver 30 Amps for 1 hour to be as good as this Lead Acid competitor!

I do a comparison on Lithium versus Lead Acid Batteries in a couple white papers on my website: Electricfly - MyElectricfly.com - See Menu item ‘Whitepapers’ at the bottom!