Battsix

I’ve had my Battsix installed for a couple of months now and love it. However, yesterday it showed B5 at 10.7V, B6 15.3V and B1-4 12.7V:confused: The batteries are T1275 and are 3 months old. I checked each battery with a DVM and they all showed 12.7V ± .1V. I disconnected the display and operated the master switch, no help. I’ll re-check everything today and if it’s still the same, I guess I get back to Battsix and see what they say.

Paul

for the Battsix owners… I received this from Gary last night… I’ll keep you all updated

Here’s a new twist on keeping track of your battery pack. I’ve been working on a little web server module that can be plugged into your BattSix Dash Display in place of the display module and attached to your home network, It lets you monitor your battery pack from anywhere in the world that you have an internet connection.
It also has ability to receive commands from the web, I developed it to give web access to remote towers battery packs but If anyone has a use for something like this let me know and we can work on a custom solution for you.

Thanks,

Gary

BattSix.com

Just bought the pack meter from ebay for 24 bucks! Im excited to get his hooked up. Thanks or the thread.

Think you’ll really like it… you’ll be able to see what the pack is doing at any time… I love the one I have that shows each battery

Bob

[quote=eS GEM Colo;20010]Think you’ll really like it… you’ll be able to see what the pack is doing at any time… I love the one I have that shows each battery

Bob[/quote]

I couldn’t find where to buy that one and the price. Their website is not very user friendly. :).

I may message you in a week or so as I see lots of your updates I have ordered parts for. Rear view camera, touch screen radio, 4speakers, etc. I’m new to think and not the best with electricity yet!

Richard the contact person of Battsix was in a car accident a few months ago… not sure of his injuries but know that he was laid up and hasn’t done much in the site or with the business… Gary the engineer and design guy is working on another project… really excited about it but it’s over my head as to how it exactly works… I’m not all that smart…

I have removed my backup camera in the last clearing of stuff off the dash… I found it very hard to see in sun light… worked ok in the garage or in the dark… I probably will look at another place to mount it… in the glove box maybe where it’s shaded… I also haven’t mounted the radio console not sure about the mounting screws… am fearful of going out the roof because what I pick is too long… also don’t have a radio

Bob

Okay dumb question here but… What does it mean by "battery pack + -) ?
I hooked the pos and neg up to battery number 1 and all it reads is the 12.5volts?

Help please on which battery and terminal to hook to. Thank you!

black to - (NEG) of battery 1 and red to positive of 6… you have to read the entire pack

AHHHHH!!! Perfect. Thank you!:redface:

you got it to work… I assume… what a difference a wire makes… haha

Yes it worked! 75.3

Amazing how simple something can be that drives a guy nuts over thinking it! :o

Gary Mayhak the developer of the Battsix has a deal on the pack reader… this meter attaches to the positive side of your #1 battery and negative side of the #6 battery to give you the pack reading… think it’s a deal at $24.95 freight free… shipped from AZ…

Packvolts Golf Cart NEV Electric Car Battery Voltage Gage Gauge Meter | eBay

Bob

Gary Mayhak the developer of the Battsix has a deal… it is a deal guys and girls

Battsix Le for Gem Nevs Battery Pack Gauge Meter Monitors All 6 Batteries | eBay

again another Battsix on eBay…
my friend Gary Mayhak who developed the Battsix battery monitor for 6-12v batteries has put a unit on eBay out for bid… this monitoring device is a must have in my opinion for anyone with a GEM car… have had mine for 2 years… like that I can see at a glance what the voltage of each battery is doing… I’m lazy and have GEL batteries and don’t have a volt meter… I only check that my cables are tight and I’m on my way… the unit I have has a monitor that is mounted on the dash… the one on eBay works with your Smart or iPhone…

Battsix Bluetooth for iPhone Gem Nevs Battery Pack Monitor for All 6 Batteries | eBay

Bob

another unit has been added and is up for bid… don’t pass on the Battsix units being offered by Gary

I’ve also listed a BattSix with the new version Dash Display, this version updates the graphics without erasing the screen between updates.

Battsix DD for Gem Nevs Battery Pack Gauge Meter Monitors All 6 Batteries | eBay

Gary

BattSix.com

I’m having the same issue on my 2003 GEM, trying to install the Battsix. Which battery is #1 and which is #6.
Any help would be appreciated .

gem