Battery switch (disconnect)

Ok Dave: it’s working just as you described.

I kept booking red to red and black to black and NOTHING as soon as I reversed the connections CLICK! And then reversed again and “Click”

So it’s working just as you said.

My 2016 has a Constant 12v source from the 12v factory battery. I was thinking of tapping that as my on and off source.

What kind of switch can u recommend that switches polarity

Look for dpdt momentary switch.

Dave would somthing like this work?

Says it’s 12v 20amp

If you still need I have one
Would be happy to send to you in exchange for your sage advice on a few things

I will gladly accept your kindness. Thank you very much I can Gladly pay pal you for the shipping If you don’t mind.

Pro shipping tip from Dave
If you send me your pay pal info I can send even $1 that will give you my shipping address And allow you to print a shipping label super easy from pay pals site & gives the Shipper a Discount when using PayPal to print the shipping label (gives the shipper commercial shipping rate)

I’m going to use Dave’s electronic disconnect switch on my car “2016 E4” (I don’t mind more testing) & use the manual switch on Kens 08 AC conversion car. I would rather us a tried & true part on somthing I’m not using almost every day

It can be a tiny switch. Less than an amp.

Works like a Charm!

it Only use’s 1.40 Amps @ 12v for a micro second to latch Or UN-latch the contact

2 Likes

I have several of these if anyone wants to buy. $100

What are the additional white leads for?

Auxiliary contacts. “no and nc” For an indicator or failsafe device showing that switch is on or off.
Led for example, or lighted switch.

Newark:

Don’t let the size fool you. These are unused removed from a $100k battery.

https://www.newark.com/kilovac-te-connectivity/ev200f4ana/contactor-spst-12v-panel/dp/01Y0425?

1 Like

Oh, that part is cool - I am more interested now :slight_smile:

Bump bump bump +20 more

Dave what are ya talking about

The remote disconnect switches. They are still available, but I can’t find a use for them.

And an H-Bridge part can do that reversing.

Dave: what can you recommend for a Power source to trigger the Switch. We talked about using a simple 18650 lithium battery that would provide the power to flip the switch. Any updates on a recommended battery & holder. I would not mind installing Mine and doing a How to/what for on it. As far as installing it my thoughts.

I would install it right where the factory battery connecting for the car is in the back. It would go right in between the battery and the cars factory connection. Then I would run the Trigger wires & the Power wires up to the front of the car. Install a switch on the dash. Install a battery holder for the pulse power for the switch some where close & convenient

I originally thought these were not rated very high, but looking again I see 500a!!
Ok… That makes me feel better.
Time to go back and read that spec sheet again.

New gems have the aux 12v battery.

Dave, my 2016 hot rod Gem does not have the 12 V battery. But I could reinstall one no problem

Hmmm, yes, the 12v goes away with battery disconnect.
Let me think on it. Byron?