Battery connections

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong please. when I replaced my batteries, I noticed several additional wires connected to a couple different batteries. These are 16ga wires and some went no where and others travel to unknown locations. I haven’t taken the time to trace them down yet. My question is, should I tear all these out? its my understanding that any 12vlt accessory should be powered by the 72-12vlt converter.
Just to be clear, I just got this car a few days ago and still haven’t gotten it operational. I have power from batt to the PSDM but I get nothing when I turn the key on. No dash, lights, horn, signals nothing. Talked to a mechanic in south Florida that gave me some things to check on, but no joy. I’m sending in the converter for him to test. If anyone has any suggestions… I’m listening. :slight_smile:

The wires are for accessories someone added. Check all of the fuses. 2005 and newer are more trouble with electrical issues.

Daniel

[quote=GEMmechanic;21839]The wires are for accessories someone added. Check all of the fuses. 2005 and newer are more trouble with electrical issues.

Daniel[/quote]

Thanks Daniel, that’s what I thought. I’m going to rip everything out and start from scratch. I did check all the fuses, they are all OK. Pretty sure the converter is the problem. I’ll know in a couple days.