Anyone Running Different Size Fronts or Back Tires/Rims?

2013 e2/es
Since I have the ES stakebed, so clearance issues in the back are not as acute
Increasing the height of the rear would make the steering, slightly quicker
The front of course increases speed, slows steering, until things start rubbing

What are the limits?

What about increasing the shock length & or travel
Increasing the travel would allow a softer or progressive spring improving the compliance over the small bumps
The stock spring has to be hard as there isn’t much travel,limiting the sag

I have different size fronts vs rears on my 10 eL. Larger fronts so it would clear the brake rotors.

Also has a slight lift on the front. Like 2" iirc.

I’ll look up the sizes tonight or tomorrow once i get home.

I think 22 inches tall is the general rule that will clear on stock/non-lifted cars.

Radical changes in front tire diameters will change the ability to move the car. (changing the drive ratio).

Rims are a choice (within physical limits- Brake hardware/too large of a package to drive), choose a size that will have tires available/suitable for your needs.

Some people go for the look of big rims and low profile tires. It makes for a less tippy car but there is a point where the ride gets rougher. You will feel every crack and pebble in your path on a low profile tire due to higher pressures and no sidewall flex.

Smaller rims, tall tires, and lower pressures will absorb crappy roads better. It will make for higher rolling resistance and therefore more amps per mile will be consumed.

1 Like

2010 eL.

24x8.5-14 front
23x10.5-12 rear

Iirc, 2" lift in front.

Mullet in the mountain bike terms
A bracket lift looks straight forward
Are there other methods for lifts?
The sag seems to be about 1" on my 2013 e2/es
I think a longer stroke shock all around is possible, 2" of effective travel is hard to tune for a better ride