ANVIL 7.5kw motor like the 8kw Kinetek

I will give away controller with $500 deposit on dongle.
Plus whatever deal you can work out with Mike to ship one.
I want $100 to package and ship a new one from here.
Mike has the only dongle.

Be aware. Limited chance of success.

I shipped a Sevcon controller programmed to work in Anvil. Client is connecting it this weekend.
If we get it working well, Ill make more available.
We have lots of experience running this motor. Not so much interfacing to the Anvil.

Do you need the kinetek wireing diagram for the Anvil ?

It does not look all that complicated or much different than anything else out there.

Did you ever try the Navitas controller as an option.

I am curious how the sevcon goes.

The only problem is we don’t have the firmware for the Anvil - without the firmware the new controller is likley not going to work.
From the documentation I have found you can make minor changes to some settings and/or load new firmware.

Check your Run/Tow switch wiring. Someone else has the same error code and it was a bad R/T switch and some loose wiring.

Talking with Navitas they said it was not a good idea as they dont have profiles for the 7.5kw motor in the Anvil. Personally I think it would work just fine but… you would need to buy a whole kit as they said i couldnt get an AC controller by it self. Then you would need to buy a harness and pb8 throttle box to basically conver the electrical side to club car or whatever mavitas kit you chose. I have done club car before and it wouldnt be hard just time consuming and thats if the motor bolts up to the Anvil rear without any modification. Its definitely not a cheap option.

Is this the firmware you need ?

I bypassed the tow switch and still nothing to get the motor running. Everything else seems to work.

From everything I am reading the controller needs to have power to it in order to upgrade it.

Navitas told me same thing. You can buy a controller on Amazon by it self but they were not sure it works. They do have an 8K motor prototype they are working on.

any other options you can suggest. I will gladly pay you $100K for one of the controllers just need a photo of the USB harness so I can build one.

Pictures are ok @MikeKC .
Borrow and copy cable is better. Need big deposit as not replaceable.

I can also send a new Kinetek 350a ac motor controller. $100 non-refundable.

@MikeKC collect the $100, or more, for your trouble if you have a controller to send.
$500 deposit on Dongle.

Message me on fb messanger, D avid B issen, and I can add you to the Sevcon install group message.

$1500 programmed Sevcon with pigtail and 0-5k throttle setting to match Anvil.

Just wanted to see if you need the software that I sent a screen for ?

I have the firmware and interface software.

I can use them to help dump controllers. Mikekc may have lost interest himself.

We have not been able to talk to a live controller (in an Anvil) to know what firmware they run.
That being said, I don’t know if any of those firmware are valid.

I think from a previous question, the controller needs powered correctly in the car or on the bench to interface with it. I have not found the correct pins/connections that all require power to make it work.

If you have a Anvil you can just put one in.

Mine is all hooked up and I have the firmware and Kinetek software files to load onto it. I just need the dongle info as without the interface to a PC there is no way to donit.

I do not have an Anvil -
That is awesome! Back to David’s comments before. We can send the Programming cable and a blank controller to you with deposit. Terms and Conditions are up to David as I do not own either one. :slight_smile:

$500 ? Plus shipping
I May have said more before, but you seem honest. I would not sell it for that, unless it can be cloned.

Is this the cable you have ?

Screenshot_20231004_163015_Acrobat for Samsung|233x500

Here is what I have.

If you look at the dongle on the opposite side if the 10 pin where it plugs into the black box how many pins are there ?

I found one but it goes to 4 pins.

Then there are 2 separate dongles that go to the controller. One for a reflash and one for just changing settings.

The primary connector is 4 pins like your picture -
The controller end does not have the looped wire in it, as you can kinda see in my picture. Looks like I have the “KC Host Adapter” I do not have the “Program Adapter”

Do you know how the 4 pins are wired to the 10 pin host that you have. There has to be some wires that are doubled up or not used as the host has 5 wires.

I can look when I get home tonight.