Alltrax controller 2005 Gem

Thanks! Does it have bearings on both ends of the rotor? My green one does. Very smooth runing.

Hey what’s the specs, name, ect. On your green motor? What controller did you use as well. The install looks clean. I told Dave we’d probably to do some ram horn fabrication to get the Pmac motors in. But hey what’s a little welding LOL.

It is a motor/controller combo from Navitas. Billed as an Ezgo TXT ac upgrade. Only about 30 miles on the system but seems pretty good.

That’s cool how’s the performance. Torque and speed feel good? Compared to the stock gem.

@Troyin909

Like this.
1/4" x 3" strap formed around ram horn. Then cut original out for clearance.
Gain about 3/4" radius for pmac.

I like that. We definitely need to do something so it can fit.

Might be able to add a piece down from the shock tower mount to the lower frame. Using a light material to support the hood hinge.
Still may need the forward part of the ram horn to counter the torque from the upper shock arm.
My first ideas never work. :slight_smile:
I think @Old_Houseboater is an engineer.

Let’s see what I come up with once I get the motor back to try it out.

I don’t have much experience with a “stock” gem. Only had one ride in one, on flat ground. Bought my gem without motor or controller. I live where the grade is constantly changing. Compared to my 36v ezgo. Big difference. All the torque I need and all the speed I can handle, which is only 20mph. Up the hills much easier than the “ezgo”. The motor stays cool (temp probe hasnt gone above 35C, just warm to the touch) the aluminium plate on the controller just getting warm as well. For sure I’m not pushing it very hard but I think the lack of heat generation compared to the 36v dc system I do know, is translating into about 40% better “gas” mileage.

That sounds like a win to me. I’m very helpful that once we get these AC setups going that they will prove to be well worth the effort. I’m sure the efficiency will be day and night. At least that’s my expectation. LoL

I must me out of my mind. I am all flat ground and stop signs and mine is pretty much always pegged at 32 or 0. :sunglasses:

I wondered the same. Stock is 20mph uphill. Even with 12/1.
Maybe a steep hill.
I’ll take the double mileage though!

Google shows a lot.
Good choice of conversion! No more $ than buying stock parts.
5kw motor. Controller 48v to 72v. @stretchkart 96v limit?
Bluetooth and program on the fly. I like it.

You’re working on a pmac setup right? Should be even more efficient. What year did Gem do away with the Rams horns?

You know I’m not sure. Looks like grant has a much newer one that doesn’t have any. Maybe he can post some good pics that show the difference in the build. I plan to modify mine to make the larger Pmac fit.

well I went for it and its taking me a while cause I have plenty around here to keep me busy, but ill keep at it. Im going to worry about getting it wired up and turning the motor. Then ill focus on welding the front A arm that I had to cut.

1 Like