After Controller re-program choppy acceleration

Hi All, I recently reprogarmmed the controller on my 2002 GEM es and everything was fine at first. Then it started accelerating kinda jittery under hard acceleration and now it seems to happen all the time.

Have I fried the motor by using too radical of a programming? It goes 35mph now where originally it only went 25mph.

:flame:

Thanks,

Bill

Possibly. What features did you change to achieve 35 MPH. With the stock 5 HP motor on a T2 controller I can only get about 30 MPH on level ground. But I only changed the speed limit and adjusted the field weakening to 70.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

These are setting from the GE Sentry for Windows program. I saved the original settings prior to the reprogramming.

“MPH Overspeed” orig 28 now 40
“Controlled Acceleration” orig 20 now 10
“Minimum Field current” orig 85 now 55
“Controlled Acceleration” orig 20 now 10
“MPH scaling” orig 10 now 20

I can give the full compliment of settings. There were about 5 settings that were modified.

You shouldn’t really set minimum field current below 70 according to the experts here. You’re likely severely overspeeding the motor if it’s stock. If it’s a Ride-4-Fun motor it’ll take the higher RPMs but not the stocker.

Ahh. I knew it must be something like that. Well I guess I’ll be in line for a new more robust motor here soon. I should have researched this myself. I take responsibility for this.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I’m about to attempt the same on my 07 w4. I can’t find any recommendations as specific add yours, so I was going to try this but leave the mfc closer to 85. Can anyone weigh in on these or other settings?

Thanks!!!

[quote=Ridindirty;16267]Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

These are setting from the GE Sentry for Windows program. I saved the original settings prior to the reprogramming.

“MPH Overspeed” orig 28 now 40
"Controlled Acceleration" orig 20 now 10
"Minimum Field current" orig 85 now 55
"Controlled Acceleration" orig 20 now 10
"MPH scaling" orig 10 now 20

I can give the full compliment of settings. There were about 5 settings that were modified.[/quote]