HELP needed with reprograming GEM controller

I just got the kit to reprogram my controller with the computer. .which seems to work nicely, but. .I’m a bit nervous about the whole thing, and would SURE appreciate some advice on the matter.

So far, I’ve just made a few basic adjustments. .fooled with the speedometer a bit (which I’ll be checking against my GPS, soon as I find it. . .slowed the acceleration (function 3) a bit . . upped the regen current (function 9), and turned the speed limit up to 35 (function 20)

I seems to work fine, but I have this nagging feeling that there are more adjustments that should be made, to enhance/compensate for what I’ve done so far.

There must be somebody out there who’s familiar with the best “tweaks”

HELP (please)

ps. .it’s an 02 GEM E-S, with the stock 5 horse motor, 185-70-13 tires, and 9 of the 170 Amp Hour 8-volt batteries from Interstate

Making progress here. .now know about adjusting the Minimum Field
Current to make it go faster, just awaitng a few more words of wisdom
on the regen. . .

At those speeds you are not going to want Regen, the Regen could get set too aggressive and when engaged at 35+ mph could throw you through the windshield. I suggest stop with the modifications - the vehicle was not designed for high speeds and the brakes won’t hold up at those speeds to stop the car, taking in to consideration the extra weight with the batteries, the larger tires/wheels…Ever see it when someone installs 20-22" wheels/tires to replace a 17", it adds a LOT more weight. Ideally they are supposed to upgrade their brakes to something larger to accommodate for better stopping power. Makes sense right? Good luck! You’ve put yourself and others on the road around you at risk and in harms way!

[QUOTE=nev.tech;7726]At those speeds you are not going to want Regen, the Regen could get set too aggressive and when engaged at 35+ mph could throw you through the windshield. I suggest stop with the modifications - the vehicle was not designed for high speeds and the brakes won’t hold up at those speeds to stop the car, taking in to consideration the extra weight with the batteries, the larger tires/wheels…Ever see it when someone installs 20-22" wheels/tires to replace a 17", it adds a LOT more weight. Ideally they are supposed to upgrade their brakes to something larger to accommodate for better stopping power. Makes sense right? Good luck! You’ve put yourself and others on the road around you at risk and in harms way![/QUOTE]

max speed is set for 34. .just so it doesn’t cut out on me . .I don’t actually GO much over 30. .and am only lookin to increase the regen braking A LITTLE. .NOT enough to “throw me through the winshield”

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that my modifications have put anybody “at risk”

GET A GRIP

2 Likes