2020 Gem Car Quits Running

Bob is very busy. I’m sure he will get back to it if he sold these. I did not know he sold that type of battery.

There are 8 I pulled the rear deck off this morning It will run on 1 Just not as far They are palm lithium batteries

It may not be a battery problem at all I am trying some diagnostics today . . .

1 Like

This has been covered like a thousand times here before. Those bateries have internal bmses in them. They dont play nice with each other past 4 batteries, they cant do certain configurations, they dont like high amperage draws that the gems are capable of. You boght the wrong batteries sport. See if you can return them.

Worked fine for several months I am going to get to the bottom of it Should not cause the car to totally quit

Heard that exact statement tons of times before too from people in exactly the same boat as you.

Good luck.

1 Like

@garymatheis - Still no pics?

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: 2000 gem charging

I’m sure it takes a while testing 8 batteries, but please check back with results. It will help others in the market for new batteries.
I did some research on the 30ah batteries. Yours may be different specs.
It seems cost is about $500 each. Attractive price until you buy 8 pcs.
About 12kwh total.

Specs:
For Golf Cart】 LiTime 51.2V 30Ah golf cart lithium-ion batteries are designed for drop-in replacement of the AGM battery in the club carts. There are fewer wires and connections. With all-around protection, you can run your Golf Cart safely and smoothly. Suitable for golf carts, electric shuttle buses, and all low-speed power vehicles with speeds lower than 21MI/hour (35KM/hour).
Support 4 batteries in parallel at most: 6.14KWH】 The capacity of the battery system is expandable. You can connect 4pcs of LiTime 51.2V 30Ah golf cart lithium-ion battery in parallel at most to reach 6.14KWH, which can provide an estimated 96-136 miles for your Golf Cart.
【Widely Used Application】LiTime 51.2V 30Ah LiFePO4 battery can be used in electric vehicles, recreational vehicles, golf carts, boathouses, trolling motors, home backup power supplies, etc. Its size is equivalent to group 31 battery, making it suitable for more scenarios. The LiFePO4 battery has a flat voltage curve, which means that the voltage does not drop as fast as the lead acid battery. It is better than most lead-acid batteries, which prematurely fail to run the motor because the voltage is too low.

1 Like

so R4F can’t read also. They should never have sold that size kit.
There is the reason for the refund…