Help!! I’ve just replaced ALL batteries in my car and am STILL getting a VEH FAULT code of 520508-7. Car drives and runs as normal but the charger isn’t cycling on. What am I missing?!
I would ignore the code if you don’t have Polaris-Wrench, and fix the charger.
What code does the charger blink? (if it’s a DQ)
Charger lights blink Red x2.
Thank you for your help!
Does the DQ charger have some sort of internal fuse? It’s like the charger isn’t seeing the right battery pack voltage to start the charging cycle. I have 8 brand new batteries!
Only 8!?!?!?
Pfft. With that attitude, it’ll never work. Try 9. They’re small.
Can you physically access the charger? What lights are coming on or not when you plug it in?
There’s a Blizzard & Patty Melt with Fries joke there somewhere…
When I plug the charger in the charger goes through its initial set up cycle and then defaults to a blinking red light flashing two times which I believe means the charger thinks the battery pack is too low to charge and won’t cycle on. Thank you everyone I’m eager to get this thing back on the road.
There is a fuse and a relay between battery and charger. They are both high failure components.
Ok, this is good news. Where do I find them?
I mean, it’s getting power so I’m thinking there is a bad sensor or something.
Charger is getting power? You tested at the charger output for B+?
I have my doubts, but if true, then charger is bad.
Far more likely that the charger fuse or fuse-holder is bad.
Under hood near charger.
Help! I’m still having this same issue. All of the batteries are fully charged, I charged each one individually. Total battery pack is now ~50V. When I plug in the charger, nothing happens. I’ve checked every fuse and every relay I can find, they all seem ok. The battery status indicator on the instrument display shows battery pack with no charge. It’s like the charger isn’t seeing the accurate battery status. What do I try next!? Thank you!!
Bingo
Are you sure? How did you test it?
Can you follow instructions?
Yes, I’m good at following instructions. My wife even says so!
Seems not!
See above.
Charger needs to be plugged into car. Make sure that you have battery voltage on charger side of two wire plug.
Can you follow that?
Maybe Adam can translate.
I plugged in the charger, disconnected two wire plug and tested DC voltage. I got .25 volts, so like nothing.
I also feel like I’ve blown every relay in the car, when I pull them apart there is black discoloration around the pins inside the relay.
I can help. 4 step fix, guaranteed to rid you of the burnt relays.
And this is why I wanted you to do the testing. Maybe someone else wants to try. I’m wasting my time here.
@AssyRequired

