2018 Gem e6 Error Code

Hello, My first post here so please pardon any lack of online community manners. I have a 2018 Gem e6 showing VEH FAULT and a 520508 code. Battery status on instrument display shows low battery, no bars. However, I’ve charged each battery individually and tested with volt meter. Each tests 6.3 or higher. I’ve called a couple of dealers and they haven’t been very helpful. Does anyone have any insight here? What is going on? Thank you in advance! Richard

First Q: How many batteries do you have in your car?

I have eight (8) 6V AGM batteries.

Like most gems, it may just need charging. Try that first.
Then try a hard reset by disconnecting the main disconnect or aux 12v battery.

The onboard charger doesn’t seem to be engaging, the charge isn’t getting to the batteries anyway.

Where is the main disconnect? I know the aux 12v in under the dashboard.

The disconnect plug is under the hood on the driver side upright.
If battery isn’t connected to charger. It may not be connected to bmc and other electronics either.
I dont know fuse layout from memory.
I can assume voltage is registered at bmc. A good place to check battery voltage.
From there battery goes through disconnect to fuses.

First, does the car runs?
What’s the total voltsge of the pack?

How do you know the charger is not engaging? You can send a video of the charlighting
You can see it thru the drivers side wheel well

Edit: do you have the zivan chaeger or deltaQ?

Attached is the picture of the charger. There are no visible indicator lights on the charger that I can see. Also, can’t find a disconnect switch anywhere.

Are you saying you did not see the panel? (You did not look close enough)
True- it is a horrible mounting position for diagnostic purposes.

Or → did not see any visible lights on the panel? (Check input cord) You should have at least an amber AC Present light when plugged in.

DQCP dot

Does the car runs?
I’m not sure if the problem is only the Soc indicator display or if the car doesn’t run at all

You need to see the charger LEDs thru drivers wheel

I will look again tonight, I can’t find a panel on my charger at all.

The charger was working fine for a couple of weeks. I drove the car every day, ran down the batteries, full charge the next morning. The car then sat for a week with the charger connected and I’m now getting the low battery warning. Very odd.

The status panel will either be on the top end or the bottom end as it is mounted. You may need to remove the mounting bolts that hold it in place or look at it via a mirror. Yes, it is stupid.

When plugged in look for status lights on that panel.
If dark-
One end has a power cord (input) and the other end will have an output going to the car harness. Look at the input cord and verify that it is plugged in at the pigtail. Make sure you have line voltage at this connector.

Thank you, I’ll check it out.

Any idea what this code is? 520508

Gonna see if this works.

Is the car running now?? does it drive?

The car will run yes, it drives.

Ok, so I got the charger loose enough to see the lights! Top light (red) flashes twice, second light down (yellow) is solid. Any thoughts on what I’m dealing with here?

A Red2 code is Battery not within range. Check overall voltage. It is possible that you charge up a battery and looks ok, but drops shortly after.

Go back and take a read on all the batteries and see where you are.
Also, I think there was a fuse or connection where the charger connects? Look for that inside a block or covered holder. Verify that the charger is seeing the battery.

Hmmm, all batteries are 6.2 or higher. Aux battery is 12.4. I’ve checked all inline fuses everywhere. Very frustrating. Thank you for your help!

Follow the wires that come out of your charger and where they connect to the car. Can you probe the red and black wires to see what the charger is looking directly at?