2016+ Cup Holders

Hey I talked to my brother today. He said he has the file and will share

1 Like

are they stl files?

added words to post

1 Like

I was talking to him About it yesterday.
He said it’s a Modified file that works with his printer. I’ll get it from him. We wanted to work on the File (make the Mods) I talked about on the Thread. Wanted to make it so you don’t need to drill and bolt anything into your car

1 Like

Just bought a 2022 E4. Would you brother sell these? If so would like a set in black and silver for both the front and back seats. No style no drill if possible
Thanks!

New cup holder design no drilling .

1 Like

Here is the first (test sample) its upside down in the 2nd photo and the saddle has 2 different thickness’ (it’s a mistake) . The New design will simply Straddle the Seat frame. It slides over the Stock seat frame and a single bolt holds it in place. The new design will also have the colored insert for smaller cups so they don’t “drop threw” the cup holder. The new design allows for bigger drinks to ride low in the holder with the insert removed so your Big Gulp is not Top Heavy!!!

And the green piece is the Filler piece that go’s under the saddle and between the bolts.
20hrs of print time

Ok these are the “Test” cup holders. They fit like a glove. They have a filler piece that go’s on the under side of the saddle and you run a bolt threw to lock them in but Honestly I don’t even think ya need it.

I’m bummed I drilled my car I wish I would have thought about this design before drilling the Now 2 useless holes. Well at least the new design will cover it :slight_smile:

It looks awesome

Files pls :wink:

Ok I’ll send the file but you have to print and send Cup holders to
MikeKc & AssRequired

2 Likes

Well I finally got the newest cup holder. After a few weeks of the New design had been tried and tested it was time to for my brother to print the Latest. He said he did this one in real big quality so it took over 38hrs to print & it used a bunch of material. He said no way could you make any money printing and selling & shipping these for anything less then $150 LOL so I Don’t you will be seeing these things around LOL, but if you have a printer and you need the file let me know

1 Like

Looks awesome and every time I see these and this thread I think, ‘oh I must design one for my 2002’. And then reality sinks in that anything without a screw-on lid will spill all over the place on all but the newest/smoothest streets and the human arm makes a great bump dampening system.

Well done none the less.

Don’t fool yourself a open cup will spill even in a Rolls Royce if you drive it fast enough and the drink is super full. Point being the result would be the Exact same in my 16 as your 02 as far as spillage. I’ll be happy to share. We have a fleet of Double walled stainless mugs that we use for Coffee, they work as good if not better keeping things Cold as they do Hot. The screw on lids with pop tops keep them from spilling. In fact I have had drinks thrown from the car and if the “pop top” is closed not a drop spills. The Tumbler well it lives up to its name & has some battle scars! So get yourself some Mugs and your good to go. As if dumb luck had it we were lucky enough to collect at least 30 of these b4 they got ridiculous in price. I think they were like $20 when we originally bought them
Fools are buying/selling them for like $80 each now

1 Like

Yes, I currently use a coffee tumbler with screw on lid and press-to-drink mechanism. But if I put it into one of the dash holders, which are a bit shallow, I often have the tumbler rolling on the dashboard. I do not put it in the holder nearest the mirror as it’s likely to bounce out of the vehicle.

I’ve had kids in the GEM with slushies and carried soft drinks and all of them would be spilled if placed in any vehicle mounted cup holder. What I need to create is a dampening system for the cup holder. Some form of suspension mechanism. LOL

And WOW, $20 to $80 is highway robbery.

Can I get a copy of the files?
Thanks

Yes let me get the file from my brother

What a fantastic idea coupled with an excellent execution!