2016 and Up Speed Increase to 35 mph Help!

Just bought a 2016 E-4 and want to bump it up to 35 mph. In reading this forum, I don’t see much on 2016 and newer. I’m afraid to try the “magic magnet” inexpensive method or the “Ride for Fun” guys expensive method without reviews on someone who has done it on a 2016 and up. Any help will be appreciated.

IIRC, magic magnets don’t work with the 2016 and up (AC motors?). I think all you can do is change the gear ratio in the transmission and play with tire sizes. Follow @grantwest posts on his 2016 e4 upgrades.

Unfortunately their is Zero info on a Electronic hack or fix. Dave is the man for a Electronic work around. Untill Dave comes up with a Electronic work around all we can do is Changing Gears on our 2016 cars

Rodney Has complete transmissions for the 2016 cars for sale. They come in 2 Gear Ratios
12:35:1 is supposed to give you 35Mph
9:8:1 Is supposed to give you 40+ Mph

Here is Rodney’s info rodneyadiehl@aol.com
You can contact him on shipping and prices

I just received my 12:35:1 transmission from Rodney here are some pics of it

And will be installing here soon. So that’s all I have for now,
Let’s see a pic of your 2016

Here is my GEM. I’m the old one in the red shirt. I love it - except for the 25 mph limit. And my wife feels much safer in it than in her friends golf carts. I’m OK with voiding the warranty by juicing it up. I had a guy in a golf cart fly by me yesterday - humiliating! My nearest GEM dealer is over an hour away and I would have to rent a trailer, both ways, for warranty work, so I’ll just do repairs myself, or use local mechanics for stuff I can’t do.

Thanks for your help on the transmission! I am checking it out and will compare with Ride-for-fun. I spoke to the owner of Ride-for-Fun yesterday and he said the 40 mph kit would drag down the acceleration too much and said I should go with the 35 mph kit. I have the "Distance AGM batteries and the 6.5 kW motor. He also said I should get the “quiet gear set” as 35 mph would really scream, 25 mph is bad enough. More later.

Grant, what motor amd batteries are you running?

I have the Distance AGMs as well. “That’s for Now” this car will eventually have a Lithium and PMAC Motor and all the high speed goodies.

A while ago I spoke to INWO about how the speed limiter could very well be programmed in the Bosch ECU and is locked down to Polaris’ in house software (Digital Wrench). Polaris sells a speed limiter kit (15 mph max) for 2018+ Gems that is almost identical to the Rangers. Looking over the speed key install and you have to go through digital wrench and they give you a “CALIBRATION CARD NUMBER provided in this kit is valid for exactly seven days from the time “Authorize” is selected. During this 7 day period, CALIBRATION CARD NUMBER will ONLY be valid on the originally entered VIN.”

Looks pretty locked down and it connects daisy chained to the digital wrench programming port.

Maybe a company that can unlock the Bosch ECU (specialized Motorsport companies that can do a level 2 or 3 ECU upgrade for RZRs) can have a better look at whats going on behind the scenes and maybe increase the speed limit by software only.

It would be interesting to know if that’s possible. The motor may already be set to its maximum rpm.
I believe it’s about 7000rpm. Next time I go online with it I’ll see if rpm is displayed.
I have a Gem oem motor installed in a golf cart for testing and hope to see if it can be pushed to run a little faster.