2022 e6 speed upgrade

Greetings all,

I’ve been reading through the forums, but I’m confused whether the magic magnet will work or what we need to do to increase the speed of our GEM. Any help is much appreciated!

My email is gina@fantsimon.com

Thank you!!

Gina

Oh Crap!!! How did I miss the fact this was about a 22 e6?? Was this changed after my comment?

I retract/edit my previous reply so that it better reflects what this is about. None of it applied to your car. It never happened. These are not the droids you are looking for. You can go about your business.

The MM does not apply to the '22 cars at all. The Gen 5(?) cars are a totally different ball game. As Ernie posts(below) the MM is only for the cars up to 2015.

Sorry for the confusion.

@djgabriel2004 has done the most 2016+ e6 speed upgrades. I’m sure he has some thoughts.

I’m in the hot rod camp of rip out the internals and go high voltage but that’s not for everyone. The guys have made a lot of progress with stock voltage. I think it really comes down to if you want speed, range, or both… And how much you want to spend.

Magic magnet is only for the classic cars e.g. pre 2016.

Thanks @Erniea15

So far the options for 2016-2023 cars are:

Mechanically:
-gear change , we personally don’t like that option, you give up torque (acceleration and climb ability) in order to get to speed, then speedometer odometer and all the computer parameters won’t be accurate without mention that you need to open the gearbox and in some cases cars become Noisy.

Electronically

Reprogram your own controller, (I can do it locally or you can mail your speed controller to me for reprogramming) it will give you 35 mph with oem acceleration on flat ground. Everything will work as oem, Speedo accurate, miles etc only change is that speed limit will be raised.

Speedbox, (still in beta) will do the same as reprogramming except that it’s diy, (you connect it to the car and go. (Speedbox has to be connected to the car order to work)

Replace speed controller for a non Polaris.: the fact it’s not gonna be locked we can also raise torque, wich means more acceleration, speedometer will work but Warning :warning: will pop in the dash and odometer and trip functions won’t work.

As Ernie said , the last option (for hot rodders) is to replace Speed controller and other guts to make it high voltage. You will need to replace the battery as well.

2 Likes

I’m open to you RE-programming my controller or the new option in beta.

Can you shoot me an email with your contact info and pricing info?

Where are you located? We are in northern CA.

Thank you,

Gina
Gina@fantsimon.com

How can I hire you? Thank you

Gina@fantsimon.com

Hi Gina I will send you a private message with my info